iOS 14 update

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jasel, Oct 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. jasel

jasel New Member

Dec 2, 2006

Advertisements

I just made the mistake of updating my iPad to iOS 14. Now the TiVo app crashes whenever I try to load it.

Should I assume I’m screwed? Or is there any way to access, move, backup or watch any of the 400gb of recordings I’ve downloaded?

2. harveyb1

harveyb1 New Member

Jan 25, 2015
    I updated to iOS 14.01 and have no issues. Make sure you are on 14.0.1. If you still have a problem, restart iPad.

3. keithg1964

keithg1964 Ragonk

Feb 2, 2006
    Texas
    also try to reload the IOS app.

4. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    ??? 400gb of recordings downloaded to the iPad?
    I had no problem with the app and iOS14. But then again, I didn't have 400gb of recordings on my iPad.

5. jasel

jasel New Member

Dec 2, 2006

Advertisements

OK. I got a temporary reprieve. I had heard that the next TiVo update would delete all my recording so I didn’t update the app. Just did that and got the delete warning. I guess I have a lot of watching to do before the next update.

Can I assume if I don’t update iOS or TiVo app, I’ll be good until I can watch everything? It’s cruel that whatever device the recording is on is where it stays, with no backup. I’m guessing PC desktop is long gone. Any idea when this next destructive update comes out?

6. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Make sure you don't have automatic updates on. If the recordings are not copy protected you can still use TiVo desktop or better yet PyTiVo desktop provided you are on software version TE3

7. jasel

jasel New Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Sadly, most of the stuff comes from premium channel free previews. I thought TiVo desktop was gone. What’s PyTiVo do? Anything like the app?

8. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    easy to use program developed by a forum member. Easier to use pyTivo