Internal keyboard disappears

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by fattymcbuckles, May 31, 2020.

Tags:
  1. fattymcbuckles

fattymcbuckles New Member

May 21, 2020
    So when I plug in a USB mouse dongle into my USB hub I can no longer us the internal keyboard for search google ,keyboard won’t show up,but if I pull out the dongle from USB hub,keyboard appears.Anything the settings to fix this or is this another bug within the device ?

mschnebly likes this.
  2. babsonnexus

babsonnexus Active Member

Jan 13, 2016
    It is not just that, but when you connect a bluetooth keyboard you will end up in the same situation. Last night, I figured out a workaround:

In the Play Store, find a different keyboard (it doesn't really matter which one, just get a different one). Go to the settings, give the keyboard access, and then set it as your default keyboard. Now, when you are in something like Google search, if you hit the enter key the floating keyboard will pop up and you can navigate to the "Go/Return" button on there.

It's imperfect, but it works.

fattymcbuckles likes this.
  3. fattymcbuckles

fattymcbuckles New Member

May 21, 2020
    Thanks, great idea.I will give this a try.

4. dabig25

dabig25 New Member

Jun 1, 2020
    I have a RII mini bluetooth keyboard I use with my Nvidia Shields and 4K F*restick unfortunately I can't pair any other bluetooth remote or keyboard to it. Only other bluetooth device I've been able to pair to my Tivo is Bluetooth Headset