Intermittent Satellite Signal loss

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by vol_man, Aug 13, 2007.

1. vol_man

vol_man Newbie

Aug 12, 2007
    StL

Advertisements

I've recently started having problems with my Phillips DSR7000 intermittently losing the satellite signal on line 1 from my dual LNB. When this occurs I also lose the local channels. On one instance i lost my local channels even when both sat signals were strong (Although signal was not good on transponder 32, which directv tech said was bad) I switched sat 1 and 2 cables and still had a problem on sat line 1. The directv tech thought i would need to replace my receiver. I was hoping not. I've heard many bad things about the new non tivo dvrs and the whole leasing thing sucks.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    If the problem stays on SAT1 after you swap the satellite cables, then it's pretty likely that your DVR has a defective tuner. Have you tried rebooting/resetting the DVR?

3. vol_man

vol_man Newbie

Aug 12, 2007
    StL
    Yep, I did the rebooting and thats when i got the sat signal back on sat 1. However, it took awhile for the local channels to come back. Would there be any way I could repair/replace the tuner?

4. litzdog911

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    It's not really possible to repair/replace DirecTV/Tivo tuners.

One last thing to try .... are you using SVideo connection? Try using the RCA composite video output. There is a rare problem where using SVideo sometimes messes up the SAT2 input.

5. vol_man

vol_man Newbie

Aug 12, 2007
    StL

Advertisements

Yes I am using an S-video connection. The next time i get the error messege I'll give it a try. Currently everything's running ok. Thanks.

6. vol_man

vol_man Newbie

Aug 12, 2007
    StL
    When I called DirecTV support, they said it was a known problem and that I needed a new access card, so they transferred me to someone else. That person did some troubleshooting and thought I needed a service call. Could it have been the access card?

7. litzdog911

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Uhhhh, I really doubt that it has anything to do with the Access Card.