Intermittent partial transfers

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Eduardo_b, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Eduardo_b

Eduardo_b New Member

Jun 25, 2006
    I record Letterman every night and usually end up with a 1.67 gig file for a 1:02 program. However, every few weeks a file is 554 megs, although still listed as 1:02 in length. What might be the cause of this? Is it yet another TiVo software anomaly or something else?

2. Eduardo_b

Eduardo_b New Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Bump.

3. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    One possible cause is the Tivo lost the signal while recording.
    Since the program length is in the guide data, the Tivo still knows to reserve that much time for it.
    Therefore, on these "shortened" shows, the progress bar should still show a space of 1 hour, but if only 30 minutes recorded then the green fill will only span across half of the progress bar.

4. Eduardo_b

Eduardo_b New Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Well, I got around to editing a number of the shows and found that the entire 1:04 minutes of the one in question was there, but only audio, no video -- black screen. What might that mean?

5. TheDrake

TheDrake Still full of it.

Aug 3, 2005
    Atlanta
    BUMP

(the same thing happens to me every week or 2, never am able to catch it before it blows a few recordings, my "fix" to the black screen w/audio is to restart the system)