Integrate SlingTV on ALL TiVos

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by Michael Keaton, May 14, 2020.

1. Michael Keaton

Michael Keaton New Member

May 14, 2020

Advertisements

I’m pleased to see SlingTV as an option with TiVo’s new streaming device, but I’m disappointed to see that it isn’t available to all TiVo devices.

For some, the smaller package available with Sling is worth the smaller price. Use SlingTV as the “source” for programming, and use your TiVo to record, schedule, fast forward, etc...

For others, this would give them the flexibility to use a single SlingTV subscription in multiple places. For example, we have a cabin and are paying to have Charter Spectrum there and at our home. With SlingTV we could instead pay just for 1 SlingTV subscription and then only have internet service at our cabin — and enjoy the features and functionality of a TiVo (rewind and skip) that you can’t do on a Roku stick.

If this feature would be meaningful to you, please join me in using this link to request that TiVo bring Sling to their legacy DVR platform.

Tivo Customer Support Community

Thanks

2. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    will never happen sling would need to create the app/integrate not tivo

3. BobOnTampaBay

BobOnTampaBay New Member

Aug 10, 2020

4. BobOnTampaBay

BobOnTampaBay New Member

Aug 10, 2020
    I would be happy to just have a link to a Sling TV app within my Tivo Bolt so I could go directly from Tivo to Sling without using a different remote to change inputs in my audio-HDMI switcher box to access my Roku or Amazon Fire Stick. That should be simple. Integrating the Tivo & Sling guides would be more complex.