Instructions with Mini?

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by michaelfb68, Jan 5, 2019.

1. michaelfb68

michaelfb68 New Member

Jan 5, 2019
    I have been a Tivo customer for 18 years. I now own a Bolt and 2 Minis and just added a VOX Mini. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO INCLUDE PROPER SETUP INSTRUCTIONS IN THE BOX?

The tech support guy was robotic and next to useless. I'd ask a question and he just kept reading instructions off the page. 45 minutes in and I presented with a Downgrade screen on my mini that is supposed to take an hour so that I don't have to use that pathetic, God awful interface.

I went through hell on my first mini setup as well, but it was only 30 min. After all these years, they know the steps that you need to take to add a mini. Why won't they include the steps?

I am close to returning it, selling the rest, and using whatever fios gives me.

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Dunno, costs probably, I believe you can find full instruction manuals online. I'm confused why the lack of them is impacting you so much.

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  4. michaelfb68

michaelfb68 New Member

Jan 5, 2019
    Because the included instructions don't tell you anything that you need to go through to get it setup. The end result is a massive waste of time, especially when it tricks you to upgrade to Hydra only to find out you need to waste an hour downgrading it.

How hard is it to lay out a few steps so that people don't need to call? And FWIW, the tech said that so many of his calls are Mini setups and he apologized multiple times for the lack of instruction.

So the 2 hours of my life that I will never get back???? That is why it is an impact.

5. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Imagine how confused a new user would be if presented with 2 GUI options. When you set up a new PC it doesn't ask you if you want to run XP or Windows 10. It installs Windows 10. It's on you to downgrade if you don't like it.