Instructions for 4 digital radio channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by edorm, Jul 4, 2010.

1. edorm

edorm New Member

Feb 9, 2007

Advertisements

Hi,

I was working through the Gary Sargent's instructions (to which I cannot post a link) to get my radio channels working and was wondering if they are still correct. When I get to the bit about setting up the set top box I do not see Sky Digital in the list but I do see Sky Radio. However, trying when I try and set that up I get a problem with the Tivo saying I am getting no RF input. Finishing the setup the TV channels work fine, and the Tivo changes channel to the radio channels but does not show or record them.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

David

2. kitschcamp

kitschcamp Tweaked and poked

May 18, 2001
    Adelaide,...
    Iirc, you can also choose Grundig, Panasonic, Pace or Amstrad. The number is the key, not the manufacturer.

3. JudyB

JudyB New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    What does it do when you try to switch to a radio channel?
    Also, what sort of Sky/Sky+/SkyHD box do you have?

We had an Amstrad Sky+ box for a while and we could never successfully select radio channels with that. The behaviour was that the leading zero appeared to be missed, so it switched to Channel 4 instead of Radio 4 etc.
    We now have a Samsung SkyHD box and that works fine for radio channels, as did the Thompson Sky+ box we had before the Amstrad.

4. Duncan

Duncan New Member

Nov 1, 2002
    What Judy omitted to mention was that we had 2 Amstrad boxes in quick succession. Neither could switch to radio successfully from the Tivo, and both also skipped sound when replaying a radio recording made on the Sky box itself.
    Of course maybe we were just unlucky...