Instant Cake: clear and delete

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by BL, Jul 16, 2007.

1. BL

BL Member

Oct 15, 1999
    Falmouth, Maine

Advertisements

The instantcake instructions talk about remembering to clear and delete once the image is loaded. I have tried it to no effect. Could someone please walk me through the required steps (such as what screen should be displayed when you are doing it)?

Also, it may not be necessary as my unit is displaying a lifetime subscription which is correct. Is that right?

2. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    You have to do a C&DE (read your user guide to find that), which will marry the image to the board keys.
    After that it will reboot to Guided Setup, which you run through as normal.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    It's something like ....
    "Messages & Setup" -> "Reset System" -> "Clear & Delete Everything"

4. ZombiE

ZombiE TIVO Bender

Dec 16, 2005
    Fort Walton...
    When I did my upgrade about 6 months ago I did not have to do a clear and delete everything. With their newer version of the software that is not required.
    I to had that question but someone else was performing upgrades at the same time and he said he didn't have to do it.

I didn't do it and it has worked fine ever since. You can test it if you want to. Just record a program, if it doesn't play back then you need to do a C&DE. If it does play back your good to go.

Z

5. BL

BL Member

Oct 15, 1999
    Falmouth, Maine

Advertisements

So, if it is working, don't mess with it. That would be ideal, as I would prefer not to go through guided setup again.

Thanks!

6. tivoupgrade

tivoupgrade Sponsor

Sep 27, 2000
    Chicago, IL...
    Unless you are receiving a "hardware error" or "error 51" you do not need to do a clear & delete everything. You may need to go through guided setup if your video sources are not configured correctly or you need to re-configure your cable or satellite box, settings.

Not sure what type of TiVo you have so to be more specific, I'd need a bit more detail.

7. BL

BL Member

Oct 15, 1999
    Falmouth, Maine
    It seems to be working fine so far, so I assume I don't have to do anything.