Installing PTVnet and TivoWebPlus

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by VoyagerBob, Oct 16, 2007.

1. VoyagerBob

VoyagerBob New Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Ogden, UT, USA
    Would I be able to install PTVnet and TivoWebPlus on my already upgraded 500gb DirecTivo-Samsung Sir-S4080R? If so, do I need to install both or will TivoWebplus work ok on it's own?

Thanks.

2. rbtravis

rbtravis New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Parker, Co....
    Yes, and PTVnet installs Tivowebplus.

3. VoyagerBob

VoyagerBob New Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Ogden, UT, USA

I have a BUNCH of programs already recorded. Will it be a problem if I just put the software on top of that or do I need to start fresh? I have that baby-500gb, at least half full.

4. rbtravis

rbtravis New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Parker, Co....
    I haven't got it working yet on 6.3e but it did load PTVnet and all my shows are still there. I think I am having other problems. I can ping the TiVo and it does respond. :) Got the BASH prompt working

5. VoyagerBob

VoyagerBob New Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Ogden, UT, USA
    I have both installed on my hard drive now. Now can I use usb on the Dtivo to connect to the usb on my computer to communicate with it?

6. ForrestB

ForrestB New Member

Apr 8, 2004
    No, you can't connect the Directivo USB port directly to a computer. You'll need to buy a PTVnet supported USB to ethernet adapter (wired or wireless) and use your networked computer to configure your DirecTivo.

7. John T Smith

John T Smith New Member

Jun 17, 2004
    Vancouver WA