Installing new hard drive

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by WillyBilly, Jan 21, 2015.

1. WillyBilly

WillyBilly New Member

Feb 7, 2012
    New England

Advertisements

Hello. I am about to install a new hard drive from Weaknees to my Tivo Premeir XL Elite. I am worried about the info I am going to have to enter in the new Set-Up. Can I just go to set-up and copy down all the info from the old hard drive that I can just copy into the set-up of the new hard drive, or will all the info be erased once I enter set-up ? If anyone has any input I would be grateful. Thanks. :)

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    The new drive is blank other than the tivo software. Its like having a new box. Cable card will need to be paired, season passes entered, ect. You can use tools for some things, like copying programs to a computer and season passes.

3. WillyBilly

WillyBilly New Member

Feb 7, 2012
    New England
    My old hard drive is still functioning (with glitches). Can I just go to guided set-up and copy down the information or will I need to call my cable provider (RCN) to help me with guided set-up ?

4. stevewjackson

stevewjackson Steve W. Jackson

Nov 2, 2007
    Montgomery,...
    I recently purchased and installed a new drive in my TiVo HD and didn't end up needing to do much of anything. The instructions said I'd probably have to repair my CableCard, but I didn't. And my Season Passes remained intact as well. I can't recall just now, but I do believe I went through guided setup again. And most everything else took care of itself after communicating with TiVo's servers and the motherboard, where lots of important things remain when switching drives.