Installing Cable Card..

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Thordog, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Thordog

Thordog New Member

Nov 6, 2003
    I am getting my new HD Tivo tomorrow (the $299 one). I stopped by the comcast office here in Houston and picked up two cable cards. What is the proper way to set these up? Can someone let me know if it's straight forward or are their some pitfalls I should avoid.

Thanks in advance.

Thordog

2. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    Follow the instructions that came in the Tivo HD box and you'll be fine. :)

Edited to clarify WHICH box.

3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    I'm amazed that you were actually able to pickup the cards yourself without them insisting on a truck roll ?! You will need to contact customer support to enter your numbers from the cable card pairing screens that come up once you insert the cards (do one at a time). However the person at the other end needs to be qualified to add the information to your account and be familiar with the process to send the appropriate signals to init and hit your cards once information has been entered. Traditionally only cable installers are qualified to contact such people which is why usually a truck roll is required.

4. Thordog

Thordog New Member

Nov 6, 2003
    They didn't come in a box. She she just handed me the cards and gave me a number to call once I put the cards in the tivo. Hope it works. It isn't brain surgery after all.

5. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    Yeah, the unit comes with a simple guide to installing the cards - I've scanned it. Front and back.

6. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    I meant the instructions in the TivoHD box :)

7. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Many Comcast offices now allow self-installations of CableCards so this is no surprise.

8. stevereis

stevereis New Member

Feb 23, 2006
    DFW