Installed new hard drive, now n11

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Dc608, Jan 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Dc608

Dc608 New Member

Oct 5, 2015

Advertisements

Greetings,

I have a Tivo Roamio OTA. Got it from Weaknees with 2TB installed, but got a new 3TB drive recently. WD30EURX was recommended. Install went fine until first data download, which consistently fails with n11 error. My home network is fine, and the day before I put a 3TB drive in my Bolt with no issues downloading data. As soon as I put the 2TB drive back in it, all problems were gone, and I can connect to Tivo servers with no problems.Has this problem been reported before? Does anyone know how I should proceed to resolve it? Any insight would be appreciated.

DC

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    TiVo has been having some network problems, which should be ok now. I'm using the WD30EURX in my basic Roamio. The error you're getting is a network error. You can read this thread: N11 on program info download and try a few more times.

Since it goes away when you return the original drive, perhaps your new drive is using too much power. When I installed the 3TB drive, my MBT climbed 3C (it got warmer). I also have a USB 3.0 external enclosure I use for drive testing.

Also see: Mini is always Capturing Tuner

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  3. cobcwc

cobcwc New Member

Nov 30, 2016
    I just replaced hard drives in a Roamio OTA and Roamio Plus with 3 TB drives last night. The Roamio OTA had the n11 error, so I wondered if the 3 TB drive was pulling too much power. Put a 500 GB in from different unit, it booted fine, so then I performed a clear everything. After restarting setup it also hung up on Getting Info - Downloading screen with n11 error. I tried last night and up until an hour ago, I will wait and try again later. Tivo chat said they have no known network problems, but as mentioned above, others seem to be having issues since last night.

The Roamio Plus appears fine, but I did replace that hard drive and start setup a few hours earlier.