Insantcake for sale

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by freeze12, Sep 26, 2007.

1. freeze12

freeze12 Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Does anyone have an intantcake CD that they would like to sell Me or is there another website that sells the CD that has a phone number in which I can order one...It would be GREATLY appreciated :)....dvrupgrade.com has no phone # "tells a lot about their lame operation" (long story) Thanks!

2. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    For what model TiVo? Why do you need a phone number? Most folks using Instantcake would download the iso rather than pay the extra to have a CD shipped. I believe their license forbids resale of a burned CD from the ISO.

3. freeze12

freeze12 Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Whoops sorry...The model is: Toshiba RS-TX20 series 2
    I was a victim of online identity theft from a so called secure site & went throught all sorts of hell clearing it up.

4. rbtravis

rbtravis New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Parker, Co....
    I have bot from them for years, they are good people, your identity is safe with them.

5. freeze12

freeze12 Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Maybe so, but I would rather deal with a place thet has a telephone number because of what happened.
    I seems to Me like these people "dvrupgrade" operates out of their house, as a real online seller will have a contact number.Do they or him even participate in Tivo Forums??

6. AJRitz

AJRitz Princess Anti-Santa

Mar 25, 2002
    Overland...
    Yes, and the owner of the company participates here quite regularly - he has over 1600 posts. He goes by the User Name tivoupgrade

7. rbtravis

rbtravis New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Parker, Co....
    They sell online but do not want to be bothered with phone calls and questions that keep them from doing other things such as filling orders. They participate in these forums. You often see as a responder Tivoupgrade which is Lou. They offer a low price for no hassle sales. That is why no phone #. They don't want the hassle and if it means a hassle they don't want the sale.

8. freeze12

freeze12 Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Great...ThankYou for the info. I obtained Lou's cell number & home number but will not bother Him as I will PM Him here hoping that He will PM Me back hopefully understanding My situation.

... Dan

9. tivoupgrade

tivoupgrade Sponsor

Sep 27, 2000
    Chicago, IL...
    There are many reasons we don't use the phones for sales and support:

1) we are not big enough to warrant putting a call center in place, so that is not an option

2) we would rather have a 'documented conversation with the customer -- phone calls lead to misunderstandings and misconceptions. when we first started the business, we offered phone support, and we had quite a few situations where people "heard what they wanted to hear" and inferred things that were just not true, often too optimistically; and that leads to customer satisfaction issues

3) we have multiple people involved in sales and support; using our trouble-ticket system makes it convenient for multiple people to quickly assess the context of a situation and do the right thing - the trouble ticket system works with email, however it is archived in a database with a web based gui - this makes its easy for the customer and the support agent to easily reference conversations from as long as five years ago; its not like its all done from a hotmail account, its an enterprise-quality system we've put in place

4) we respond to tickets at ALL hours (I carry a blackberry) and it is much easier to squeeze in a quick response to an inquiry than take a phone call.

5) rbtravis is right; i'd rather lose a sale than deal with the phones - it is not so much that it is a hassle, it is more an issue of priorities. we've been established as an online business forever and many are fine with it. it is how i like to do business. we can't be everything to everyone, and i'm ok with that. (last time i checked, amazon.com and buy.com were all online and with no phone numbers for sales, as well)

Those are just a few of the reasons.

Rest assured, we are not fly-by-night, and we have never ever ever had a problem with the security of our customers' information.

I am sorry if you had a bad experience, but I can assure you that talking to me on the phone, or privately, vs using the systems we've put in place, will make no difference one way or the other. At the end of the day, your information is all processed the same way -- so you either trust us or you don't.

I certainly understand the reasons you want be cautious, and I'm sorry you've been the victim of identity theft.

Thanks for your understanding,

Lou