input button programmed, but how to change??

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by dubluv, Aug 16, 2007.

1. dubluv

dubluv tivo lover

Mar 3, 2006
    long...
    Not sure exactly where to post this, but i'm a bit frustrated with this problem. i've been able to set up my tivo remote to work all the features of my olevia hdtv. however, when i press the input button, i DO see the input choices, but moving the up/down or channel up/down buttons does not change inputs on my tv. i finally decided i'd buy the new S3 programmable remote because it can be taught by other remotes, but that just does the same thing as the standard remote and will not change inputs, just shows the graphic display with all the tv inputs. am i forced to keep the tv remote, along with all the others or is there a workaround? hopefully someone knows how to do this.

2. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    Sorry the input key is for tv's that toggle from one input to another, one after the other.

3. dubluv

dubluv tivo lover

Mar 3, 2006
    long...
    i was afraid of that. my sharp aquos has that feature. the input button on the tivo only has to be pressed, and each time, it changes to the next input. but the olevia remote uses the round jog dial with the four opposing arrows for up/down/left/right. wouldn't that correspond to the tivo's navigation buttons?

4. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    No, the only commands from a tv code in a SA tivo remote are, Power, Mute, VOL UP & DOWN, that's it.

5. litkaj

litkaj Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Exton, PA
    Wait... The TiVo remote "Input" button works with your AQUOS? Mine only half works. If I press the "Input" button once it will always pop up the on-screen menu. However, pressing it again does not reliably switch between inputs. It's more like a 10-to-1 thing... The remote that came with the TV works flawlessly.

Anyway, I'm getting the Harmony 720 remote this weekend from CostCo so we'll see if that works any better...

6. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    You call that "working"?

7. dubluv

dubluv tivo lover

Mar 3, 2006
    long...
    yeah, its quite slow, but if you continue to hit the input button, it will toggle thru to the next input.