Initial Setup at friends house...now what?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by kyle_h, Jan 13, 2006.

1. kyle_h

kyle_h New Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Orchard...
    Hey everyone,
    I'm a newbie with some questions....

I've recently purchased a Tivo Series 2 and don't have a land line. I went over to a friends house tonight to use their phone line for the initial setup/call. My question is, my friend has DirectTV and I have regular digital cable...Is this going to be a problem when I bring it back home and hook it up to cable? I'm assuming I might have to run through the initial setup again?

Which brings me to my next question. I'm planning on hooking the Tivo up to my home network (Apple Airport Extreme) and am waiting for the Tivo USB wireless adapter that I ordered. I understand that if I have system software 7.2 installed, I can run the initial setup over the network? Is this correct?

Lastly, after doing the initial setup tonight, I immediately checked on which version of system software it was running, and it said 5.3. Did Tivo automatically retrieve 7.2 during it's initial call? Does it just take awhile for it to install in the system?

Thanks for any help!
    Kyle

2. mec1991

mec1991 Cranky old coot

Nov 5, 2004
    Back home...
    As long as you selected the correct cable system and package that you actually have, no problem. Now if you for some reason selected DirectTV, you will have to run guided setup again.

3. kyle_h

kyle_h New Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Orchard...
    Yeah, I didn't know and inputed my friends info. I guess I'll have to run through the guided setup again. DUH! :confused: