Initial Install Last Night Debating Second Premiere

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Scarpad, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Scarpad

Scarpad Member

Dec 7, 2000
    Western Ma
    I set up my Premiere last night, right now its OTA only until I get comcast to install a cable card into it next week. I'm trying to find the latest info on using the unit with a Cable card. I was originally going to have comcast give me a HD Reciever for my Basement TV so I could use On Demand. I'd pefer having another Premiere down there, but from reading the premiere's cannot access on Demand Content. Is that still True? How Easy is it to transfer recorded program betwen devices. I'm still trying to decide if its worth it to add their box or not?

2. SugarBowl

SugarBowl Member

Jan 4, 2007
    north carolina
    You cannot access on-demand content from a Tivo.

Most likely, with a cablecard, you will not be able to transfer any program that is recorded on a channel other than NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox. That is how Time Warner works. Someone with Comcast can confirm or deny.

3. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    I can deny. Comcast does use copy protection but in a very limited capacity, namely pay channels like Showtime and HBO. Most everything else is free to transfer.

4. Scarpad

Scarpad Member

Dec 7, 2000
    Western Ma
    Well i think I'll stick with their HD Box, I'll probably use the On Demand feature a bit more than transferring between boxes. Thanks Guys

5. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Apparently the use of Comcast OnDemand with TiVo is in testing now. No release date has been provided.

6. trade

trade Tivo Addict

Sep 1, 2005
    Fullerton, CA
    I have Time Warner and most of the premium channels are copy protected, do you know some way to avoid this in Tivo, or only depends of the Cable streaming.

Trade