Initial call with ethernet port?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by therain93, Mar 22, 2007.

1. therain93

therain93 New Member

Mar 22, 2007

Advertisements

So, I really haven't seen this specific question asked: I'm thinking of getting the 80 hour dual tuner with the built in ethernet port (TCD649080)--will it be able to make the initial call with it's built in ethernet port rather than lug it to someone's house with a phonejack?

thanks!

2. SugarBowl

SugarBowl Member

Jan 4, 2007
    north carolina
    I would guess so. What makes you ask?

3. rsnaider

rsnaider Active Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Series 2 boxes prior to 4.x software had to use a special dial-in prefix and a wired USB adapter.

All current boxes can use broadband with a supported wired or wireless adapter and the DT boxes having built in ethernet have no issues to worry about.

4. therain93

therain93 New Member

Mar 22, 2007
    Excellent, thanks!

5. icu_nxtime

icu_nxtime Canadian Noob

Mar 4, 2007
    Toronto

Advertisements

I got an error last night connecting via internet. Can anyone tell me the url that Tivo uses when it makes a connection so I could check it manually from a pc just to see if the link is down.

Thanks

6. Tamerlin

Tamerlin New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    I just got a new tivo to replace my DVD/TiVo box that stopped connecting to the internet, and in less than two weeks, it's failing to connect to the internet... for no good reason.

Is TiVo's QA really that bad? Can't they build a box that will last TWO FULL WEEKS without failing? This piece of junk actually has a built-in ethernet port, and it's insisting that it doesn't have an ethernet adapter now. What a piece of crap.

I'm glad it's been less than a month... at least I can take the piece of crap back to best bums and replace it, hopefully.

7. Awalt

Awalt New Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Sounds like maybe you are having a non tivo problem. Are you using a wireless connection with a weak signal? Bad mouthing the tivo isn't gonna win you a whole lot of sympathy here. If you would like some help trouble shooting the problem you are going to have to provide more information. What did you do with the old DVD/Tivo? These units a pretty easy to repair if they do have problems.