Info on recording

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by TonyD79, Jan 19, 2016.

1. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD

Advertisements

Am I missing something? If I do info on a live program while watching or from the guide or on a program from my programs, I can explore or get further info.

If I am watching a recording, I only see the base info. Is there a quick way to get exerted info or explore the program I am watching?

2. markjrenna

markjrenna Active Member

Mar 23, 2006
    New Jersey
    It is lacking basic details. Not sure how anyone accepts this.

3. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    Yes, hit left arrow and it will take you back to the details of the show.

4. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    On my Roamio it's Back instead of Left. But, yes, that's the solution. Thanks!

5. TonyD79

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD

Advertisements

Nope. That's only if the previous thing you did was play or resume.

6. markjrenna

markjrenna Active Member

Mar 23, 2006
    New Jersey
    Bolt takes me back to TiVo Central. Next suggestion?

7. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    When you play the recording, if you select to play rather than press the play button, you'll start at the extended info screen. Then when you press Back subsequently, you'll go back to the extended info screen.

8. TonyD79

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Once again. Not if you've done other operations. You guys are talking about using a back functionality. That is not what I'm looking for. And it is weak to rely on it.

If you do other things while watching the show (check your to do list, guide, etc), the back doesn't work right.

This is a flaw in the code. You can't reliably get full info on the show you are watching quickly.

Thanks for making it apparent.

9. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    You are absolutely right. We were simply trying to solve the problem with existing functionality. Tivo isn't going to solve it anytime soon.

10. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    There isn't a quick way but if you have the preview window on you can do what you want to do easy enough.

While watching your recording press the TiVo button 2 times, select the show you are watching at which point you can navigate to any info you want. In the "Explore this Show" section pressing the info button will give you much more detailed info. When you want to go back to the show full screen press the zoom button.

The above can also be done with the show paused if you don't want it to continue playing while you are getting the detailed info you want.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  11. TonyD79

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    You have an odd definition of quick. Especially as all you have to do with non-recordings is hit the INFO button a second time.

I know how to do what you wrote. I don't consider that a good method. I was asking if I missed something easy, not convoluted.

12. atmuscarella

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    Well I specifically said it wasn't quick, just easy. But honestly we are talking about what 3 or 4 more button pushes to get to the same point you get to with live TV through the guide.

13. TonyD79

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    When it is one extra button click every where but in a recorded program, three or four is not quick or easy. It should be easier for something I've recorded as I must have a higher interest.

I asked if I missed something. I did not. I had it right. Another TiVo UI item that perplexes me.

14. atmuscarella

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    That's the problem with complex UIs everyone has some part of it that perplexes them. I have no idea why TiVo did it this way or how hard it would be for them to come up with an easier way to get to the info you want. I am certainly with you on liking less button pushes to get done what I want to get done. But I suspect that after you did this sequence a few times it would get pretty fast. The first 3 button pushes can be done all most instantly. Given all the issues they are having I am beginning to think the whole thing has gotten to complex as with every fix more bugs pop up.