Incorrect remote ID with Yamaha receiver

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jemenake, Sep 10, 2016.

1. jemenake

jemenake New Member

Dec 13, 2000
    San Luis...

Advertisements

I'm trying to use my TiVo Bolt remote to control a Yamaha A/V receiver. Several of the codes I have tried caused the receiver to display "RemID Mismatch" on the front display.

It turns out that these receivers can support two different remote ID's, 1 or 2, and the remote that came with the receiver uses ID 1, while my TiVo remote seems to be using ID 2. Now, I'm able to tell the receiver to respond to ID 2, but, then, it won't respond to the Yamaha remote (when I want to enter the settings for the receiver).

What I'm trying to find out is: Is there a way to get the TiVo remote to use ID 1 when talking to the receiver? I understand that there's a way to change the remote "address" of the TiVo remote, but I'm unclear as to whether changing this number causes the remote to also change the ID it uses to talk to other devices (like the TV or receiver). Or, are some of the other 4-digit remote programming codes for getting the remote to use ID 1?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Try 1028. This lets you control mute and volume on my RX-V867. It has nothing to do with your TV. Well, let's say my TV speakers are disabled. I also never use CEC or ARC. This may not be the answer you're looking for, but it's the best I can do.

3. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    When a component displays remote ID #, its telling you what the component is actually set to, not what its receiving at the time. The TiVo remote has only the original remote code set, RemID 1. When sony came up with second remote code set, it made it default going forward. Probably what Yamaha has done as well. So if you want the TiVo to control your Yamaha, check on how to get to back to old code set. By reading the manual?