Incomplete guide data but network is fine?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by doconeill, Nov 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. doconeill

doconeill Unix Guru

Dec 13, 2002
    West of Boston
    I noticed last night that my Premiere 4XL has incomplete guide data - many channels simply show "To Be Announced" with no programming data at all (the premiums are more affected but not all of them), while others show blank for the current time but may have programming listed before or after the "hole". I reran the network connection test and that worked fine, but the guide data still did not update. Restart also did not help. This morning seemed no different.

My Bolt+, for all its other faults, so far seems fine.

The Premiere connects via MoCA to the Bolt+, which is/should be bridge. The Bolt+ used to be connected to ethernet, but I simplified the network so it's just WiFi now. As I said, the network tests all work and it connects to the service fine, so that doesn't seem to be an issue.

Verizon FiOS, if it matters.

2. debtoine

debtoine WTTWDC

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    We have the same issue. I’ve done a restart of the box, and forced a connection to the TiVo service, UT that didn’t fix it.

I don’t know if it’s a TiVo issue or a Fios issue.

deb

3. doconeill

doconeill Unix Guru

Dec 13, 2002
    West of Boston
    I just got home, and it appears to have slowly fixed itself during the day, as my wife still saw issues during the day. TiVo's twitter support recommended connecting to the service _twice_. Not sure if that will help you.

4. debtoine

debtoine WTTWDC

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    Thanks. I tweeted Verizon support and we’ll see how that goes. I’ll try the 2x connection as well.

deb

5. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    A couple years back I went through a period on my Premiere where every couple of days, or even a couple times a day, my Guide Data would revert to TBA. Rebooting the Premiere would solve it for some (varying) period of time.

I think it was a TiVo Update that solved it, but I also tried a few Clear Guide Data a To-Do List Info's.

Maybe try that?

-KP

6. debtoine

debtoine WTTWDC

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    After the "force the connection twice," the guide data fully reloaded and all is well.

Very odd thing to have to do to get the fix, but the guide data is back, so we're happy.

@doconeill, Thanks for the tip!

deb

kpeters59 likes this.