Incompatibility between 14.8 and Readynas?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by alexofindy, May 29, 2011.

1. alexofindy

alexofindy Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Anyone use a Netgear Readynas to archive Tivo video?

I use a Netgear Readynas device (a home media and file server) to archive and playback Tivo video. About a week ago, this stopped working reliably. The readynas drops off the "My Shows" list on my Tivo, apparently because the required software service on the readynas is crashing.

Other users have described this issue on the readynas users' forum.

As best I can tell, the problem occurred with the tivo 14.8 firmware upgrade, which I recently received.

Are there any other Tivo premiere users who use the Readynas, and if so have you noticed a similar issue?

Thanks!

2. argusx

argusx New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I have a TiVo Premier, and am having difficulty trying to archive shows to the ReadyNAS (Ultra 4 Plus). I set the NAS to archive shows to the media share on a daily basis, but nothing happens. There is nothing in the NAS log file that shows the archive is even being attempted. So far, I don't have a clue what might be preventing the process. With nothing in the error log, I have no idea where to start looking. The TiVo can see the NAS box. I can pull shows from it that I've transferred to my PC via the TiVo server application.

3. Impulse0022

Impulse0022 New Member

Aug 14, 2010
    This is great news... I just bought a ReadyNAS yesterday... One selling feature for me was the ability to archive TiVo recordings.