In Plain Sight Season 4 thread Summer 2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by hummingbird_206, Jul 13, 2011.

1. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Up to ep 4 this season with no ep threads, so thought I'd start a season thread.

I thought the Mary being preggers story would be annoying, but I'm really enjoying how it's being handled so far. Even Mom and Sis haven't annoyed me the way they did in the first couple of seasons. Wonder if Mary is really going to give the baby up for adoption? I'm bummed that her ex-hubby is the father. I was really hoping they'd bring Rafe back. I miss his character.

I loved the ep with the 2 fighting brothers. When the bad guys had the older bro tied to the chair and the head bad guy came in and realized that they had the wrong bro and asked his flunkies if they'd just gotten off the short bus, I had to pause cause I was laughing so hard.

2. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I think they are leading up to her somehow losing the baby unfortunately, which IMO would be a cop out. She is trying to do "too much" while preggers, which is her nature, and I think the last scene where she saw the ultrasound is going to have her maternal instincts kick in and she'll want to keep the baby or take her sister's arrangement...and then WHAM, she'll have an accident in the line of duty and lose the baby.

But I hope I'm wrong.

3. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    That's because they've hardly been on this season...which is great.

4. Dawghows

Dawghows Liberal Elitist

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    And I'm hoping you're right.

Nothing ruins a show quicker than a central character having a baby. Aside from the birth of "Little Ricky" way back on I Love Lucy, has this plot device ever worked on a show? I can't think of any. Out of all the possible outcomes, the least objectionable by far would be for Mary to lose the baby on the job. I'm not saying it would be a good outcome, just the best of the available options.

5. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I'm also hoping there won't be a baby. IMO there is already too much of Mary's family in the mix. I enjoy the witness protection stuff and not the family stuff.

6. EvilMidniteBombr

EvilMidniteBombr what bomz at midnite

May 25, 2006
    Parts...
    I don't think they can easily have her lose the baby. Since Mary McCormack is (or was?) actually pregnant during the filming of the season. Unless it happens during the finale.

7. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    +1. The plot line of the sister adopting the baby is just stupid.

The pregnacy storyline was amusing at first, now it just needs to end.

8. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    My favorite kind of IPS ep, lots of Mary, lots of Marshall, hardly any of Mary's family, and a cute dog. Just doesn't get much better!

Was anyone else thinking Turner and Hooch when Mary was driving through the desert with the dog/spirit guide?:D

So Mary hasn't told Mark about the baby? I get the feeling he's not going to be as uninterested as Mary thinks.

9. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    A spirit guide who farts. I love it.

10. jbernardis

jbernardis Active Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Princeton NJ
    Looks to me like the spirit guide dog is going to guide her to give up her baby to the "nature" family living out in the desert. At least that is what I thought was going to happen in the last episode, and I still wouldn't be totally surprised to see it actually work out that way.

11. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    Except that the dog ripped up all the adoption files except for one couple - maybe he is steering her that way?

I think she is gonna end up keeping both the dog and the kid in the end.

And it's not like the pregnancy plot can just disappear, since Mary McCormack is actually pregnant!

12. Frylock

Frylock Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Just West...
    I thought she was going to lead towards the desert people, but when her "spirit guide" guided her towards the one couple, it seems like she will go with them.

I think she will keep the dog, but not the baby.

13. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    Of course, what many are forgetting is the possibility that as soon as Mary announced her pregnancy, they could have shot scenes for post pregnancy to be used to end the season with.

Not likely, but still a possibility.

14. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Ep air date 7/31/2011

Wow, so Mary called off the visit to the prospective adoptive parents? And then Mark shows up? Ugh, please, Mary, give up the baby. I so don't want to see more family crap in the show.

The witness was sure a piece of work. Wonder if she was really going to go through with selling the baby to his father?

I miss Oscar.

And next week
    is the season finale? Wow, that was fast!

15. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    They said it was going to be a shorter season this year.

16. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    8/7/2011 Something Borrowed, Something Blown Up

Season finale. I really enjoyed the ep. I hate the witness, but it's very entertaining watching Mary interact with him.

Too much whiney sister. Now that she's played runaway bride, I hope she doesn't come back.

And of course, the obligatory cliff hanger ending. Had to be something to do with the baby.

Edit: And I still miss Oscar.

17. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    Unfortunately the sister ran away from her fiancée and her boss. So she's back to having no job and questionable future. So if she doesn't make up with the rich guy she could be back living with Mary. (The upside might be the potential in-laws probably won't think she's just in it for the money anymore )

18. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    Really liked the Mary's job aspect of the episode. As usual hated the family aspect of it. I hope the sister's plot goes away quietly next season.

19. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I admit, I did the 30-sec skip through much of the family stuff. I liked the rest of the episode. Mary losing her baby would be an easy (non-controversial) way to get rid of it and resume business as usual. Once she was pregnant, I figured she would lose her baby. No main character on TV has an abortion or gives a baby up for adoption - it always seems to be a miscarriage or something.

20. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I hope the sister never comes back. Her and the mother ruin the series.