In North East Alabama Channel WAAYDT changed Freq.Title not available.

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by klyde, Apr 12, 2019.

1. klyde

klyde Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Alabama,...

Advertisements

Channel 31.1, 2, 3 has antenna problems and today they changed freq to 31 SD . Problem is the Guide shows 31.1 shows but has no video so I added 31 SD but it shows title unavailable and I cant make a season pass even a manual one to record our shows like ABC news for instance.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Station's call letters can help. A scan with your TV may help too.

3. klyde

klyde Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Alabama,...
    I just called Tivo and got overseas. The girl wanted me to do the guided setup again to fix the problem. I knew it wouldn't because I already re scanned the channels. Anyway I had to listen step by step how to do a guide setup. She wouldn't tell me to just do a guided setup until we got to the page. Anyway a did the repeat guided setup and as I feared it wiped the guided data from the old freq. Now I only have the new freq and no guide. The old 31.1 was freq 22 the new freq is 17. Direct TV corrected the freq but Tivo didn't. SO I called back and got a smarter person and he says he has to put in a request for the guide t be transferred to the new freq. When they get the new antenna up, Ill have to go through this again.
    In other words all the shows that were on the station 31.1 abc freq 22 is now on freq 17 31.1 sd but in HD and freq 17 has no guide info.

4. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Call letters? I use them to Google the station and Wiki.

5. klyde

klyde Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Alabama,...

Advertisements

Its in the title.

HomeForums>TiVo TV Talk>Season Pass Alerts>
    In North East Alabama Channel WAAYDT changed Freq.Title not available.

6. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  7. klyde

klyde Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Alabama,...
    I already had both stations, one with the guide and no video and one with the video and no guide. Tivo had me do a setup and I lost the station with the guide, which I could have used to see whats on. Now I have only video. I was able to set up manual recordings for the shows we watch.

8. Hercules67

Hercules67 TiVo addict

Dec 8, 2007
    Same thing happened to me. Did a rescan and lost the guide data.

Now, I don't know how quickly Tivo responds, but I am going to have to manually record "The Rookie" and other shows unless Tivo steps up.

9. klyde

klyde Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Alabama,...
    set up a manual recording. They told me two weeks to fix the guide.

Hercules67 likes this.
  10. Hercules67

Hercules67 TiVo addict

Dec 8, 2007
    Well, things are even worse for me.

After the rescan yesterday morning, the new frequencies were coming though, somewhat.

Now?

More often than not I get a v53 error. Keep moving my antenna around and all I accomplish is a getting broken picture in. What direction do you idiots want me to point my antenna? A direction that will ruing all other channels? F'ing idiots. I am not buying a new antenna. I already do not get the CW because of the direction and strength of their signal. Now, I'll have to figure another way to get channel 31 (ABC) shows. And people wonder why p*ting happens?

11. klyde

klyde Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Alabama,...
    Just did a rescan and its now fixed.

jth tv likes this.
  12. Hercules67

Hercules67 TiVo addict

Dec 8, 2007
    You rescanned using the Tivo Bolt?

What kind of signal strength are you getting?

I did a rescan again this morning and the signal strength peaks at 32. Every other channel is 50 and above with the strength meter showing green.
    Where is your antenna pointing? Or do you have an outdoor antenna

13. klyde

klyde Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Alabama,...
    NorthAlabama and Hercules67 like this.
  14. Hercules67

Hercules67 TiVo addict

Dec 8, 2007
    Wow!

15. Hercules67

Hercules67 TiVo addict

Dec 8, 2007
    So Channel 31 is back on my antenna with good strength, now I am having trouble picking up Channel 48? Anyone else having an issue?