Images from iPad application?

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by orangeboy, Jun 18, 2011.

1. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    I downloaded the 1.2 version of the TiVo iPad application from iTunes. I renamed the resulting .ipa file to .zip so my Windows Explorer would recognize the file as an archive. Navigating to "\Payload\Quicksilver-TiVo.app\" within the (zip) file, I find MANY (I assume) useful .png files that would be great to use with TiVo related projects. However, non of the files open! Windows Paint complains: "This is not a valid bitmap file, or it's format is not currently supported." Other .png files open fine, just none from within this .ipa/.zip file. Anyone know why this is? If I can ever get these image files to open, I'd be more than happy to share them!

Edit: Nevermind. I found "fixpngWindows" that set those files straight! I'm happy again!

2. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    hmm wonder if these could be added to the pyhme project.

Signs point to yes and I have a new better blue background after renaming and resizing it. There is something that appears to be in the image though to try to dissuade people from using it though. It may be my eyes playing tricks on me.

3. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    I won't be able to share a single zip file here, due to size limits. But I have it shared in Google Docs. They are mostly icons and buttons.

4. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    NVM can't upload the image since the forum changes it.

rename screen_background_320x480 to backgroundHD and resize it to 1280x720. Drop it in the blues folder and use the blue skin. Now you have more HD TiVo like background.