I'm so not getting it!

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by PennyL, Jan 14, 2006.

1. PennyL

PennyL New Member

Jan 14, 2006

Advertisements

Can someone please give me a strait forward not using smart people words or abbreviations or anything that i should know if i was smart because i'm not.

I have DirecTV, I do not have a landline phone, I have a DirecTV DVR with Tivo, and i have cable internet, am I just screwed or can i never record anything. Because DirecTV tells me there is nothing i can do, i should just return my Tivo because without a landline it is useless. PLease someone tell me what to do.

I want to record OPRAH!!!! Help

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    First of all, take a deep breath.

Now what model TiVo do you have? I know it's a DirecTV DVR, but exactly which model?

Anyway, to get you started. You need to do an initial install with a landline. Take it to a neighbor and run through guided setup. You don't need to have it connected to the satellite to do this. Then take it home and record Oprah. You will get nag screens about not calling in but it will work just fine.

Also, for more info about DirecTV DVRs head on over to the DirecTV DVR with TiVo forum.

3. PennyL

PennyL New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    I tired that i took it to my moms today and hooked it all up and it still says your tivo service is not started or something call directv so i did and they told me to return the tivo

4. PennyL

PennyL New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    Please tell me all I should have done was press clear and it will work because while at my moms i called directv and got mad and came home and i haven't even hooked it back up yet

5. Tracy RainH2o

Tracy RainH2o Photo Man

Nov 17, 2005
    Georgia

Advertisements

Once you do the guided setup with the telephone line connected, call DirecTV and have them activate your Tivo service if it has not been done already.

There should be a way to have the call made through your internet connection. I have read that others have set it up. I do not know how to tell you but you might want to do a search in the Help Center, the Upgrade Center and the Tivo Underground.