1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Dying Up Here (Season 2, Spoilers to Date)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Regina, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Jun 4, 2018 #1 of 16
    Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    Anyone still watching?

So the episode "Heroes and Villains" (OAD 6/3/18) just aired.

Clark Duke's character just went on the Tonight Show and joked how he didn't watch his own sitcom- idiot!

Nick "confessed" his affair with Cassie on stage. -sigh-

I wonder if Cassie will turn out to be pregnant and not be sure who is the father-

Brad Garrett's portrayal of the sad, has-been comic is masterful, IMO-he is pathetic and wants friends but no one wants to hang out with him. He's burned all the bridges...

Who was the person that Goldie and her husband were visiting in the hospital?

Any other thoughts???

2. Jun 4, 2018 #2 of 16
    tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Haven't seen the latest episode but still watching. I'm enjoying Goldie's character this season.

They've been setting up the Benny the mailman fall from grace from the beginning.

3. Jun 4, 2018 #3 of 16
    Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    Oh, definitely-he's been burning through cash and drinking and drugging and womanizing like there's no tomorrow-

Forgot to say how much I LOVE Adam (R J Cyler) - he gets the best lines and they are setting him up as a real star. I loved him in 'Me and Earl and the Dying Girl' and it's nice to see him in such a great role.

4. Jun 4, 2018 #4 of 16
    tivotvaddict

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Which one is Adam again? Argh, it's a bit telling that I still don't know the names of several of these characters.

5. Jun 4, 2018 #5 of 16
    Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    Adam is the young black man. The one whose album made all the money and he got cheated out the money. He is working with the older black man (the Vietnam vet) on the "Three Brothers" variety show. He wants to date the "older woman," the producer from "Soul Train."

I know what you mean, though-I know the names of a few characters and the rest are like, "MEH..." I do like the show though.

Seriously, though-does anyone know who Goldie and her husband were visiting in the hospital???????????????????

6. Jun 4, 2018 #6 of 16
    tivotvaddict

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Oh, I like the Adam character. Just didn't know his first name. :D

7. Jun 4, 2018 #7 of 16
    tivotvaddict

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Fitzie! The guy who they were supposed to have an intervention for that turned into a raging party and then he was drowning in the pool and was taken out by ambulance. At the beginning of the episode the boys were saying he likely had brain damage.

Regina likes this.
  8. Jun 5, 2018 #8 of 16
    Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I'm still watching but not as mesmerized as I was with season 1, can't quite put my finger on it.
    I'm finding myself not that interested in Brad Garrett's character or his storyline.
    I am on the other hand looking forward to Benny's fall from grace!
    I would also love it if Cassie got a win for a change.

9. Jun 9, 2018 #9 of 16
    Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Dom Irrera

Regina likes this.
  10. Cainebj

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    So what did you all think of the season 2 finale?
    Overall, I thought it was a good season.

I was surprised to find myself being against the picketing - even rationally thinking to myself how are they not getting paid? The final moment. Kinda shocking and then - not so much when you think about the first scene of season 1 episode 1...

I wonder if there is going to be a season 3?

11. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    The strike and picket really happened, so I expected it to be shown this season when the comics started to complain about not being paid (and I agreed with strike).
    I saw the ending coming, didn't think it was a good way to end the season.
    Really liked Brad Garrett in S2

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  12. Cainebj

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Wow there was a comic strike back then? I had no idea...

13. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    "Goldie" is based on Mitzi Shore (Comedy Store in LA). The strike was in '79

14. tivotvaddict

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Sad ending, but knew that had to bring something sad in to counteract all the other upbeat "endings" for the other characters. (daughter seeing her dad's other side and finally connecting with Goldie, Brad Garrett's character offering the younger guy the on the road gig, Cassie making a choice that felt good to her, Adam and other guy going back to the cutting edge roots of their show, etc.) Seemed like it was written so it could be a series finale. I can't image it's coming aback after the pretty savage reviews it got this season, but who knows?

15. billboard_NE

billboard_NE North Shore MA

May 18, 2005
    I enjoyed this season, hope there is a season 3.

16. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I also liked this season, probably more than S01, and would love to have the show continue. The ending - not shocked. I had a strong feeling that something was going to happen to him at some time soon.