I'm confused

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by eatme, Oct 28, 2019.

1. eatme

eatme New Member

Oct 28, 2019

Advertisements

Currently I have a 500GB Tivo Bolt with a cable card + OTA which is 4 years old. My subscription is due soon and I'm not sure I want to pay the $549 all in price or get a new Tivo. I don't even know the differences between all the different Tivo's. What's the best deal out there right now for Tivo's? Keep my 4 year old Bolt and pay the all in? Or get a new Edge and pay the all in? I don't know, I'm confused.

2. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Personally, I would telephone TiVo customer service and see if, after paying full freight for 4 years, they now would give you a deal on Lifetime. (And even play a few rounds of CSR roulette of this, if necessary.) And if you've been a longtime customer, mention that--anything to encourage TiVo to throw some loyalty your way.

Otherwise, TiVo has been known to have some nice promotions during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday period, starting the week of or before Black Friday . . . .

kpeters59 likes this.
  3. Slumpert

Slumpert Member

Oct 18, 2019
    I would switch to monthly plan for next month to see what/if any deals come out.

Putting $549 lifetime on your 4yr old bolt does not seem rational at this point. I expect you would be “sending” it in for $149 replacement shortly and for that you might as well just buy the current 1tb bolt vox with lifetime.
    You will have 2 more tuners, twice the storage, new remote, and you could keep your old as a spare.

Rey likes this.