I'm Coming Home!

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by valgrom, Dec 25, 2006.

1. valgrom

valgrom Who Needs Live TV

Dec 27, 2004
    Miami, Florida

Advertisements

Old DTivo subscriber coming home after 18 months at the Syberian front....so to speak...

Due to a major disagreement with DTV about that time ago I switched to Dish network and, like taking spoonful after spoonful of codliver oil, it got easier to do but it was something I never really got to like.

After receiving what seems like a great offer from DTV to come back...I'm back...and will not be accepting any of their new "DVR Technology"...

I've still got my Hughes S2 DTivo which I upgraded with a 160GB HD (although I really only get about 120hrs)...but it's Tivo.

In order to make the adjustment gradual I've been watching some of the old shows I still had on my DTivo recently and getting used to the Interface again.

God what a CRAPBURGER DishNetwork's DVR is...although from what I've been reading over the past few days it would seem like a welcome move for some of you who've been enticed into the R15 DVR...

Like Ozzy says: "Mama I'm coming home"....

I'll need some help getting back upto speed so I want to apologize in advance for all the stupid questions I'm going to ask soon...

Mike

2. goony

goony New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    A lot of them are probably already answered - just browse the last few weeks of topics in this forum and you'll be close to up-to-speed.

Happy Christmas!

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Yep. All the Dish PVRs I've looked at are very primitive. Go tell the above to robbins, in many of his posts like http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=4592223#post4592223 and http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=4707442#post4707442 he always like to chime in saying that his Dish PVR is WAY better than TiVo. :rolleyes:

One of my friends has a Dish PVR (I need to ask him the model, it's definitely one of Dish's units on not DishPlayer) which suffers from random total data loss: all shows gone and settings reset.