1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ifttt triggers

Discussion in 'Developers Corner' started by moyekj, Apr 3, 2018.

1. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Just wondering if there is anyone here that knows details about how ifttt protocol works? Since TiVo has added ifttt triggers it may be interesting to try intercepting triggers, for example there's a SkipMode trigger which would be useful to intercept. I've browsed some of the obvious places:
    Introduction to ifttt:
    IFTTT
    Protocol reference:
    IFTTT

From Protocol reference looks like it's https interface with json data exchange. But authentication looks to be token based. Would be interesting perhaps to first discover what port(s) TiVo is using for this perhaps using a sniffer utility of some sort.
    I only have non Hydra TiVos so don't even know if they are even ifttt enabled/capable or not. Certainly someone with Hydra would be.

A very basic query of an ifttt enabled TiVo that presumably should work would be:
    Code:
    {ip:port}/ifttt/v1/status

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Note that there are at least two triggers so far ...

. AutoSkip and
    . Content started playing

... the latter being active on either Hydra or Encore.

p.s. I'm wrong. They've added a couple more....

IMG_4724.jpg

3. Lurker1

Lurker1 Active Member

Jun 4, 2004
    I am using both Content Begins Playing and Display Message on my Encore Roamio. Maybe you could use one or both of these to sniff for ports.

4. dhoward

dhoward Member

Mar 15, 2002
    I thought Tivo was going to implement Auto Skip in Encore. I have not seen any updates that has included this feature yet. Is there a time frame for adding the feature. I don't need Hydra and am sticking with Encore but it could be a decent feature if reliable.

5. reneg

reneg Active Member

Jun 19, 2002
    From the IFTTT FAQ on FB: "AutoSkip Commercials: TiVo Experience 4 software has the ability to skip commercials automatically, no keypress required. This feature is expected to be available on older TiVo devices in the future." Experience 4 is Hydra.