If You Have Tivos, Watching Program Recorded..

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by victory1, Jan 14, 2006.

1. victory1

victory1 New Member

Oct 9, 2005
    I have 2 Toshiba DVD Recorder Tivos, I've only been using the basic Tivo on both unit. I'm now ready to get a subscription for both unit. Will I be able to watch something that is recorded on downstairs Tivo (livingroom) in the upstairs Tivo (bedroom)?

2. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    and with subscription on both - the answer is yes if they are networked together.

So enjoy the subscriptions and welcome to the full subscription

3. HDTiVo

HDTiVo Not so Senior Member

Nov 27, 2002
    The ability to move programs from one TiVo (or PC) to another is alone worth at least the subscription cost on the second TiVo.

4. LiveBlues

LiveBlues Master Blaster

Oct 30, 2001
    Clinton, UT
    Don't forget the extra added bonus of the second TiVo sub being half price!

5. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    But note that you will NOT be able to record shows you transfer to DVD when you transfer them from one DVD recorder Tivo to another.

(This may *sound* silly, but since you cannot record multi-session on the DVD recorder Tivos, this is not so silly of an idea, since, if it worked, you could record a marathon for example on several tivos, transfer them all to one Tivo, and burn them.. But you can't..)

6. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    Are you sure about that?

I thought it was only shows transferred from a stand-alone series 2 that you couldn't burn to DVD (because the recording formats are different).

If a show on one DVD recorder TiVo is already in DVD format, transferring it to a different DVD recorder TiVo and burning to disc shouldn't be a problem, since that "TiVocording" is already in DVD format.

I might be wrong, but....

7. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    ......on this you are wrong.

however, since both units are DVD though and burns happen in the background it seems of little concern to the OPs setup

8. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    But to repeat myself, this would be useful, so you could record different episodes on different recorders, and still get them onto the same DVD.. but you can't.

9. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004

well there is that, guess I sped read your post and glossed over it