Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by occraig, Jul 7, 2009.
I wanted to add another thing to my list though this would probably have to be series 4.
Tivo should work as an extender to Windows Media Center. Windows 7 MC is really pretty nice and it would be nice if Tivo had built in support for it especially with native support for WTV files.
It also would be nice if they came to some agreement with Microsoft so there was MRV support on the 360.
2. local streaming support (not download, then watch, but streaming)
3. wide codec and format support for above streaming. (mkv and such)
4. two way communication for cable cards
5. ability to see how much space has been used
I'd like to be able to re-order or remove listings from the Showcases... menu. Give us the ability like managing Season Passes to move them around and preferably be able to delete them as well.
Perhaps not a feature, but I'll still add: "Remove all ads". If not removing, then please get some better targeted ads. You already know what shows I watch. Can't you do a better job? Come on. I've got SPs for Clifford, Curious George, etc... You should know not to put on any ad that my kids may accidentally click.
Industrial strength TiVO Server software. Improve the performance. Enable directories as folders. All the stuff that is apparently already in 3rd party apps that really, TiVo should be providing. If nothing else, put some manpower behind supporting those ad hoc teams.
Give us the ability to add in the headers to our personal MPEGs, so that TiVo will present the information under "info" and will properly group them. Or give an API to the videoredo guy.
You may already be aware, but pytivo does allow you to set the info for movies on your computer which are then transferred to the TiVo. Full information is here: http://pytivo.armooo.net/wiki/MetaData
The only thing you can't do is create your own custom groups. The TiVo requires that any group id (seriesId in the metadata file) already exist in its program/guide data. So if you set the seriesId properly for TV show episodes, anything transferred from the computer via pytivo will go in the same group as recorded episodes of that show.
There are threads on this site discussing this is more detail and listing common series ids.
1. Online backup of season passes and system settings
3. Sandboxed MRV (MRV works but TTG does not if CCI Byte = 0x02)
4. Online/remote NPL and TDL management
Picture in picture!
More than one Feature:
1. automatic cable card setup (this would require cable companies to cooperate and likely a DOCSIS transmitter)
2. Complete redesign of how TiVo handles its hard drive(s) (which is brain-dead right now). make it open, modular, self-contained, more expandable, replaceable, full support for data migration, automated backup etc.
3. When too many programs are requested at a specific time,overflow an be configured to recorded on a second TiVo.
4 Ability to use current coax installed in the home with its LAN capabilities for multi-room viewing
5. Real-time capability to check for program changes and time over-runs
6. Integrate IMDB with program information
1) The option for picture in picture when in the menus
2) The ability to backup your TiVo hard drive to an external drive.
3) Online season pass management, wish list scheduling, etc.
4) Some kind of ability to see if an episode won't ever record due to conflicts. The current log is so cluttered with duplicates, especially if you have a lot of basic and pay cable shows, that it can be really hard to pick out the one show that won't record due to a conflict and only airs once, e.g., most network shows during the regular season. Does that make sense? I just want something that sort of yells out, "HEY IDIOT -- "HEROES" ONLY AIRS ONCE AND YOU ALREADY HAVE TWO SHOWS SCHEDULED!" Right now you have to comb through the list, full of dozens of extra showings of Daily Show and Entourage and Dexter, knowing that Heroes is only likely to air once in order to catch that kind of problem.
5) Auto-MRV -- record this show then send it to DVR X as soon as its done.
6) I'd love the ability to only keep a small clip of a show. I haven't deleted the season premiere of Weeds because I love the flash mob dance at the end
7) Percentage meter of how much hard drive space I'm currently using
8) HULU would be really cool
1. Picture in Picture
a. Also picture in menus - but configurable so I can turn it off
2. Ability to remote delete/manage NPL from other TiVo. -- after I transfer the show, I want to delete it on both TiVos
3. Better management of recently deleted and suggestions -- recently deleted should be able to keep for some period of time, maybe 24 hours, before getting permanently removed by a suggestion
Yes! Glad I'm not the only one bugged by this. The way it's currently implemented makes the future section of the Recording History mostly useless.
Stability and a bug tracking system.
How about the ability to search by a movie's star ratings? Like show me all "4 star" movies.
1) Record shows on the same channel on one tuner, even if they overlap
2) Make parameters configurable
2a) Length of live-TV buffer (fixed at 30 minutes)
2b) Size of the duplicate detection database (fixed at 28 days)
3) Record analog channels in MPEG-4
4) Unlimited hard disk size
5) External HD swapping between units
6) In-place editing of season passes. Changing channels requires a new SP.
7) Custom channel titles
8) Option to treat an episode with missing guide data as a repeat rather than first run
Get an iPhone. There is an app for that.
-A window showing "Live-TV" while you are going through the guide.
And most importantly
-make custom folders and assign programs to each.
i.e. a "kids" folder for all the kids shows, "wife" folder for her shows, or "movies", "documentaries" "soap operas", etc.
So what is the purpose of this thread?
Shouldn't TiVo Suggestion Avenue or the TiVo New Features Survey suffice?
It's so TiVo users can get opinions of other TiVo users and to rant.
IMO, #1 is just a sub-section of TCF...not guaranteed to be read by actual TiVo employees.
#2 has promise being an actual page from tivo.com.
Isn't that exactly what goes on at TiVo Suggestion Avenue? It just seems kind of dumb to have a rogue thread dedicated to a topic when there is already an entire forum devoted to that topic.
Really two things:
1. Command-line access
2. "Your mileage may vary" HD upgrades. Even 1TB is nothing if you're recording a lot of high def shows on season pass. I want to be able to plug a drobo into this thing.