if I sell my Hr10's

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by HiDefGator, Sep 27, 2007.

1. HiDefGator

HiDefGator New Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Is there anything I need to do if I want to sell my HR10's? Should I include the access card with them?

2. Tonedeaf

Tonedeaf New Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Rockwall, TX
    I would sell with the access card. Directv will require whoever activates it to get a new card anyway.

3. Philly Bill

Philly Bill Everyday is Saturday

Oct 6, 2004
    Rotonda...
    Would anyone actually buy them? I have one gathering dust. I have two regular DTiVos too upgraded to 260 hours each.

4. HiDefGator

HiDefGator New Member

Oct 12, 2004
    I wouldn't have thought any one would pay for them either. But there are 150+ listed on ebay with bids up to $200 each.

5. dagap

dagap New Member

Dec 5, 2003
    Alpharetta, GA
    Make sure your account is paid in full and there aren't any untransmitted PPV events on the access cards. Else the buyer will have a hard time activating them.

6. Tonedeaf

Tonedeaf New Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Rockwall, TX
    You will also have to be sure that the unit isn't set up as a lease unit. Even if you got an upgrade from DirecTV or a replacement and they told you to do with it what you want, it will still be listed as a lease unit. They don't like activating receivers on others accounts when it was a lease unit.

7. aVOLanche

aVOLanche New Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Beautiful...
    Not necessarily............It is an ambiguous proposition.I've had 4 answers from 4 CSRs.Two said leased units can be activated on a new account.Two others said no.So,as usual,D* is not on the same page.

8. milominderbinder

milominderbinder New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Why would you get rid of your TiVo?

Keep it! Have the best of both worlds!

If nothing else your TiVo can be your backup until you are absolutely comfortable with the new receiver. But I bet you will love the extra capabilities it will give you to have both.

You will be able to record twice as many games or programs at once. You will have twice the storage space. Plus you will be able to have real PIP DLB if your TV is capable.

Someday, if or when the old MPEG2 channels are removed, you will still have OTA HD and SD capabilities. For now you can also get up to 9 HD satellite channels as well.

Keep your old TiVo! Enjoy it!

- Craig

9. HiDefGator

HiDefGator New Member

Oct 12, 2004
    I'd like to sell them and get some cash from them while they still have value. They represent a $2000 investment. They are currently parked on the shelf behind me. With 3 HR20's and one old SD DTivo active, I currently have 8 tuners in house or 2 for each TV.

I never used most of the Tivo features thaty people seem to miss on the HR20. The only thing I've missed from my HR10 is the national championship football game that is still recorded on both of them. Maybe I can get extra for them if I sell them to Gator fans.