If I could only transfer that lifetime subscription to a new Elite

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Lrscpa, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Lrscpa

Lrscpa Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Seems like the Premiere platform is finally ready for prime time. I've had my lifetime sub since the days of my Sony branded Tivo, probably over 10 yrs now. So I guess that $199, plus either $99 or $199 I paid to transfer to an HD have more than paid for themselves.

2. jmpage2

jmpage2 Active Member

Jan 20, 2004
    TiVo isn't offering Lifetime service transfers currently so you are sadly SOL.

3. alyssa

alyssa Active Member

Dec 7, 2003
    Sunny SoCal
    nor can I transfer my grandfathered $6.95 rate i've got on a S3 to a new Elite. <sigh>

4. JosephB

JosephB Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    TiVo has to make money. They can't give service away.

5. sonicboom

sonicboom Member

Sep 2, 2006
    Boston
    You can, however, transfer it to a priemere if you pay $100 extra for the priemere (not the elite). This is to make-up for the subsidy that they factored in with the $20/mo service fee.

Up to you to determine if it's worth it.

You might even get them to throw in an upgraded remote.

As someone else mentioned, TiVo needs to make money. They are pretty flexible with working deals with their customers though.

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    They offered it when the Premiere was first released or a 50% discount on Lifetime service. I have one Premiere on the $6.95 a month plan and my other three are on Lifetime. As long as they don't raise that $6.95 rate I'll keep that Premiere.