idiot's guide to setting up with dish network?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by pamd, Aug 24, 2007.

1. pamd

pamd New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Hi Everyone,

We just had dish network installed on two TVs in our house. Now, the bummer is that I've paid a year in advance for Tivo, but I can't seem to get it to work on either TV. I've read a lot of posts here and elsewhere, but I just can't figure it out.

Here's the deal:

We've got the 322 receiver on the TV downstairs and no receiver on the TV upstairs.

We've got a Tivo Series 2 DVR downstairs and a Tivo Series 2 Dual Tuner DVR upstairs.

Can anyone talk me through how to set Tivo up again? It doesn't even show up on the TV screen anymore... I need the idiot's guide...

Thanks,
    Pam

2. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    My advise is to call dish back and tell them you want 2 311 receivers instead of the 322. With your current setup all you can do is use one TiVo on the 322 receiver. Your 1 TiVo will work with the 322 receiver but it would be better if it was a single tuner 311 and with 2 of them (one on each TV) you can use both of your TiVos. Basically you are going to use the IR blasters that came with your TiVo to control the receiver. Look through your manuals and the Tivo web site for pictures showing how to do it.

Good Luck,