1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"I, Zombie" S04 Spoiler Discussion

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dtle, Feb 27, 2018.

1. dtle

dtle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Fram, MA
    I love all the new developments for the show. The brains supply, New Seattle rules, Major being a consular again, FBI Agent Brazzo seems to be running the PD (I wonder if she and Clive would be a thing again).

Liv being a Seahawks fanatic is such a hoot. I was afraid that this portion of the show (murder mystery / Liv's vibe) would be gone, but it's not. Liv's impersonations is still very integral.

Things I didn't like:
    -Blaine and his father. Same old rehash. His father becoming a "Prophet" (as the title screen suggests) may be a good plot. I just wish Knepper would do it in his Irish accent.

-Peyton and Ravi... here we go again.

aaronwt likes this.
  2. ehusen

ehusen Geek not Nerd

Jan 7, 2002
    Chicago Suburbs
    Happy that the show is back. :)

Ravi on nudist brain. :)

I think Brazzo is a zombie now so not sure how Clive and her can really get back together. (Full body condom?)

I think the brain shortage is really going to become an issue. Clearly "the Prophet" is going to be a problem as well.

One thing I'm unclear on. So Ravi is a part time zombie now?

aaronwt likes this.
  3. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Yes.
    At the end of the last season, Ravi took the Zombie vaccine he'd been working on and had Liv scratch him.

The vaccine seems to work but he becomes a zombie about once month before becoming human again.

aaronwt likes this.
  4. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    He's...

...A WEREZOMBIE!

aaronwt, alpacaboy and stellie93 like this.
  5. dtle

dtle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Fram, MA
    I thought that Ravi just craved brains once a month? Did he mentioned that Liv is scratching him so he can test the vaccine over and over again?

6. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    Are Ravi and Liz on the same monthly cycle?

What? You didn't think of this when finding out Ravi gets all zombie-moody and brain craving once a month?

7. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Liz already made the joke in the episode...

aaronwt likes this.
  8. Mar 3, 2018 #8 of 20
    Shakhari

Shakhari Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Liv ...

9. Mar 3, 2018 #9 of 20
    cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Maybe I should travel back in time and eat my own brain so I can remember what happened last season. Or is it last half season?

aaronwt and stellie93 like this.
  10. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I am glad it's back. I'm looking forward to the second episode tonight. I hope it defies the odds and gets a 5th season.

11. dtle

dtle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Fram, MA
    2nd episode is ok.

I liked the human trafficking idea like the what we see about Mexico. It's also nice to see Clive and Dale is still an item, even though they have their relationship issue.

The prophet and his followers breaking loose is something I'm not sure about. They can't let this go on for long, can they?

I think the whole Liv and Major's breakup was just forced. Major seems like such an ass. Maybe he's under too much pressure with the youngins.

12. jamesbobo

jamesbobo with a grain of salt

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ
    I don't remember, just what is their issue?

13. ehusen

ehusen Geek not Nerd

Jan 7, 2002
    Chicago Suburbs
    She's a zombie, and he isn't. :)

So if they ever get it on, he's changing teams.

aaronwt likes this.
  14. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Just to put a marker down, we're now (in real time) through episode 5, which is the one when Renegade is executed and Liv is a hockey goon.

I've been having some trouble warming up to this season so far, and I think the writers have, too. This is a pretty big canvas they're painting on now, and they aren't exactly dealing with Game of Thrones money here. So I think there's been some calibrating going on in this first several episodes of how much of the old, murder-of-the-week show should still exist, and how much the show should just be in world-building mode.

I thought this fifth episode struck a pretty good balance, not least because it brought those two things together into one interconnected plot. (And also it let Rose McIver have some fun with her adopted personality, while not requiring her to go over the top with it as the last few episodes have done. I think the show a bit too often requires McIver to bury Liv completely under the adopted personality, instead of blending the two a bit more like this episode did. I find the former kind of tiring.)

I was genuinely startled that the episode went through with the death of Mama Leone. That's real plot commitment to the world the show is trying to establish. And it clearly sets up a lot of tension between Liv and Major, and is going to between Liv and Clive if she becomes the new Renegade. This is good stuff.

I also thought the episode did a good job with Chase. I don't like Jason Dohring in this role, which is one other reason I've had some trouble with the season so far. Graves is obviously a morally-compromised person (zombie), and it would be easy for the show just to make him an obvious villain. But this episode makes it clear, and Dohring did a good job with this, the toll his position is taking on him. Where I once assumed he would be in line for a big comeuppance down the road, now I wonder if Chase won't end up a hero of sorts in the end. (Of course he will come to an end, because I doubt Dohring is going to become a series regular.)

Anyway, good episode. Despite some bumps, I'm glad the show took the tack it did at the end of last season and is trying this.

aaronwt likes this.
  15. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Did I miss something at the end of the previous episode or at the beginning of this one? I remember Blaine handing Renegade over to Graves at the end of the last episode and then it seemed like this episode started with Major and Don E outside the wall. How did they get out? I assume that Major was involved as part of his role as a FG soldier, but why Don E?

16. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Don E had the connections (through Blaine) with the brain smugglers, who were their ticket for getting back into New Seattle with General Mills (heh) daughter. At least I think. Their plot with the girl was hard to follow. I get that now that she’s there, her presence will be a deterrent for bombing the place. But did they really think, having been kidnapped, she would live there willingly as a human? Seems like converting her would have been a necessity (and doesn’t even mean she would stay willingly that way), not a last resort to save her life after the overdose. So at first I was wondering if they were smuggling her out to curry favor with the general. But apparently not.

17. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    I thought they were bringing the daughter back to General Mills so he would be grateful and more amenable to compromise. Then when Major turned her they realized she'd be better off back in Seattle.

18. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Very possibly. The only reasons I decided the other way were that they kidnapped her -- wouldn't she have wanted to leave? -- and it seemed like the thread of Mills bombing the city wouldn't have really existed in the first place as long as she were in it, thus no need to curry favor.

ETA: I suppose counter-argument could be that she OD'd on Utopium, and isn't U a Seattle drug? Hmm... this was a strangely convoluted plot thread.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  19. OlicityTiva

OlicityTiva Member

Jan 8, 2018
    I'm so confused trying to follow your discussion. I need to go back and rewatch all of this season.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  20. OlicityTiva

OlicityTiva Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Just a heads up, iZombie has been renewed for season 5 which will be the final season.

List of iZombie episodes - Wikipedia

stellie93 and aaronwt like this.