I want the old software back

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by marktd, Sep 7, 2007.

1. marktd

marktd New Member

Jan 9, 2005

Advertisements

I know this has been mentioned in several other threads, but I am frustrated enough that I thought I'd start a new one dedicated to just this...

I have 2 R10's and both have become annoyingly slow since 6.3e. Changing channels is slow. Skipping forward/back is slow. Binging up menus is slow. Paging/scrolling through menus/guide/npl is slow. It is so bad that the thing is actually missing UI events - e.g. hit FF three times, it "blings" three times, but only advances to the second speed. Then other times it seems to register events twice, for example after hitting the button once, it will (eventually) bring up the Now Playing List and then immediately remove it.

Both my R10's do the same stuff so I'm pretty sure these problems aren't unique. Both R10's are stock.

I don't really know what 6.3e gives me, but whatever it is, it isn't worth it.

Mark

2. Philo_Beddoe

Philo_Beddoe New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    I am having the EXACT same problem. However, maybe my scenario will help or shed some light. I haven't used my Phillips DSR704 in nearly a year (i moved). DTV came out yesterday and hooked me back up. As of late last night I get serious lock up and freeze. My remote becomes nearly useless, and I cant do anything. Even when I go to the settings area it is extremely SLOW. Only a reboot is solving the issue. I have a non hacked OEM unit.

I don't think it's a hardware issue, but I could be wrong..

3. vancod

vancod New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    I'm on an S1 DTiVo and my software just got updated and I'm having issues as well, not to mention the LAST update that I got (3.5b) which induced jitters in my recordings and ffw/rew issues in buffered TV. My hacks are incredibly minimal (bash and TWP) - it's almost as if these guys don't test this stuff before releasing it into the wild....