I missed 24 last night...help?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by bennyc9, Jan 17, 2006.

1. bennyc9

bennyc9 New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    HELP!!! I was working last night and missed the 2 hours of 24! I watched Sunday night's episodes but missed Monday (16 Jan). Did anyone TiVo it with a DVD burner? Thank you.

2. ScottUrman

ScottUrman Member

Dec 21, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    As somebody else once posted here, if you search a bit you will find a torrent of information. :)

3. Stanley Rohner

Stanley Rohner New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    oklahoma
    Sounds like you should have created a season pass for it.

4. buddhawood

buddhawood Member

Oct 9, 2000
    Anderson,...
    PM me and I'll send you one

5. Dirac

Dirac New Member

Oct 17, 2002
    Florida
    Oooh... send ME a DVD burner!! :D

6. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
  7. jcondon

jcondon Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2003
    A friend of mine got an email from his cable company who was contact by, some Law firm. Basically just stop it or or else type email. So he stopped it and just waits for SciFi to air it.

I haven't heard of lawsuits yet (like the RIAA) but, I am sure they are coming someday.

He was using Bittorent to download BSG from England (well it aired there first) so he could watching before SciFi aired it.

8. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    How did the cable company know he was downloading shows?

9. lee espinoza

lee espinoza some guy

Aug 21, 2002
    San Antonio,TX
  10. jcondon

jcondon Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2003
    I believe the law firm sent a generic type email to the cable company saying at such and such a time IP x.x.x.x was downloading BSG which is a copyrighted work blah blah blah.

Please have them stop. I don't believe the cable company ever released his name or was even asked for it.

In Bittorent (at least Bittornado client) you can see what Ips are connected.

Just a heads up that they can and do track this. Just so far haven't sued (as far as I know).

Now that they are starting to offer stuff online for paid download (Itunes and others) I think its just a matter of time before someone threatens to sue.

11. simonalope

simonalope New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    People's...
    Yeah, the scary lawyer emails have started. If you're on a college campus, be particularly careful - recently, friends of mine at two different universities have gotten warning letters from Showtime and HBO. In one case, HBO contacted the school within 24 hours of the download. Generally, the school won't identify the student attached to the IP address to the lawyers, but they do pass on the warning and threaten to revoke campus network access if there's a repeat. So far all the warnings have been for downloading shows from premium channels - network stuff might be a little safer.
    Colleges are easy targets both because so much illegal filesharing is concentrated there and because they usually have their own IP address domains. As its creator keeps reminding people, Bittorrent is absolutely not anonymous and really not the best choice for illicit file sharing.