I just feel let down...

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by tburrel, Mar 3, 2010.

1. tburrel

tburrel New Member

Jun 9, 2007

Advertisements

Seriously. I wanted to love the Premier. I have an S2 and an S3, plus 2 MCE's and a home server. I wanted to find an excuse to dump the MCE's for a Premier- Windows is just not reliable enough: I lose my tuners, the power settings are a pain, and the patch reboots/constant software update messages drive me nuts. I wanted Premier to make it all better. But they didn't.

It's the streaming. I want to stream my music and movies off my home server to the TV's in the kitchen, the rec room, etc and that isn't there. I don't think I'm alone in this one.

The QWERTY remote is right in the zone, the smaller box is good. The UI- meh. I can take it or leave it frankly. Kind of busy, but not horrible. Never really cared whether the UI was SD or HD- that's not what I'm there to watch. I understand the improved search, but with the old remote search is such a pain I rarely use it.

But no streaming from my home server? That makes me sad. And that's why I'll keep my MCE for now. Or maybe a Boxee box.

I wanted to fall in love again, but I guess we can still be friends.