I have searched the long thread on channel changing

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Cykotherapy, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Cykotherapy

Cykotherapy New Member

Jan 18, 2006

Advertisements

and found some good information (mainly that I'm not alone) but haven't found anyone with my scenario, or anything I could discern that would work in my case.

I upgraded to a DirecTV HD10-250 (software 3.1.5f-01-2-351) and had it installed by the D* guys. I took my old set up downstairs and installed it myself. It is a Series 2 (software version 7-2.1 otho 01-2-140) hooked to an old RCA sat receiver. I had been using IR, so I just stayed with that since I've had minimal problems. Everything works fine except it won't change to channels below 100. It doesn't matter if you choose them from the guide or enter them on the key pad. It won't accept 08 or 008 for channel 8, it waits with a 8-- as if wanting to go into the 800's. The channel changing troubleshooting/set-up only tests for channels above 100, so that doesn't help. I've been through the guided set up a couple of times and it doesn't help. I've told it in the setup I have low local channels. I told it I had switched from a cable + sat combo to just sat. It wasn't doing this before the HD10-250 came on board so I am assuming there is some compatability problem. What else can I do? :(