I have an old Direct Tivo that is not active on my Directv account.

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by rigs49, Sep 2, 2008.

1. rigs49

rigs49 Member

Mar 30, 2005

Advertisements

I would still want to watch what I have recorded but every time I power it up it goes through the setup cycle. Is there a way around this? What would be the easiest way without having to open it up? Thanks again in advance.

2. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    Just press menu key to get into menu and on to the NPL. There has to be access card in the machine, or you'll have a message at the bottom of screen bugging to put in a card.

3. Dkerr24

Dkerr24 Lost in Big Bend

Oct 28, 2004
    Okla, USA
    On the peanut remotes, its the button at the very top.

4. rigs49

rigs49 Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Thanks guys, I do remember pressing that button before but it still did the cycle. I will try again tonight and see what happens.

5. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...

Advertisements

That button will get you out of the 'searching for satellites' screen.

But IIRC if something has put the TiVo back into guided set-up you're not going to be able to get out of it without an active satellite connection. (I don't think you need to be subscribed, but it has to be able to see the satellites)

6. Polekat

Polekat Member

Jul 26, 2002
    Northern MI
    Not sure if I should have made a new thread or not for my question, but it kinda fits in with this thread. I used to have D*TV (haven't in 3 or 4 yrs.) I have two DTivo's (one Sony SAT-T60 and one Hughes HDVR2) My brother has D*TV, if I give him these two units would he be able to use them?