I Hate My Teenage Daughter "Pilot"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tiams, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Dec 1, 2011 #1 of 12
    tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I didn't think it was horrible; not great either.
    "You dressed like Little House On The Prairie. I don't know what that is." LOL
    I always like seeing actors from The Wire.

2. Dec 1, 2011 #2 of 12
    fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Haven't watched this yet as it's on my drive but do you watch The Good Wife? I think they're up to 13 actors from the Wire with cameos. Obviously fans. And Michael K Williams on both Community and Boardwalk Empire.

3. Dec 1, 2011 #3 of 12
    astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    This was the worst thing I've seen in a while. Terrible. Had to bleach my eyeballs to remove the stink. Then electrocute my brain to erase the memories.

I must be the wrong demo... :D

4. Dec 1, 2011 #4 of 12
    getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Although I love Jaime Pressly, the idea that her character was so sheltered (from watching innocent TV shows like "Little House on the Prairie") and religious while growing up (what was she -- Amish??), yet as a mother of a teenager, she is so comfortable going to her school dance wearing that skin tight mini skirt -- it would just never happen. To cast a sexy MILF like Pressly as a repressed, religious woman yet to also dress her in form-fitting outfits and tons of makeup, just doesn't fit. Why did that have to be mentioned as part of her character's history? I believe the other mom as a former fatty who grew into a sexy mom.

[rant]Aside from that, however, I liked the show okay. The acting on almost ANY show is better than on "2 Broke Girls", which I seem to tolerate just because of the eye candy.[/rant]

5. Dec 1, 2011 #5 of 12
    tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    No, I don't watch the Good Wife. But wow, 13 huh? I do watch Boardwalk Empire and Community. Also, right now I am catching up on Game Of Thrones and it has Carcetti.

6. Dec 1, 2011 #6 of 12
    fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/the-good-wife-seth-gilliam/

His name is Robert King. And he’s a Wire-aholic.

The co-creator of CBS’ The Good Wife — who recently confessed to The Hollywood Reporter that he’s “going to keep running down the line until everyone from The Wire is on the show” — has tapped Seth Gilliam (a.k.a. Sgt. Carver on the late HBO drama) to guest star in the show’s May 17 season finale as a man on trial for killing a judge.

For those keeping track at home, that brings to 12 the number of Wire grads who have appeared on Good Wife since the show’s inception two years ago.

Back to the show. I read a quickie review yesterday in the Washington Post that said this was the worst new comedy of the season. Gotta check it out now.

7. Dec 1, 2011 #7 of 12
    Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I couldn't make it through the episode. Seeing the moms grovel at their kids feet was just not funny.

8. Dec 2, 2011 #8 of 12
    sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I have a friend who was raised in a very religious family (who I think were sort of off the grid) who didn't have a TV and never dressed for Halloween. She dresses and acts like a normal young woman now.

9. Dec 2, 2011 #9 of 12
    aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I am going to give it a few more episodes. I like the cast a lot. Jamie Pressley and Katie Finneran (from Wonderfalls) are both talented actresses. I think it has potential to not suck.

10. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    I watched it up until the moment the kids were being stuck up and bratty for the second time in two scenes. I didn't find that funny and don't want to watch a show where the titular characters are like that.

11. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    The premise for the show makes zero sense.

It was horrible. Worst part of it was the writing was really, really bad.

12. Frylock

Frylock Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Just West...
    This had to be one of the worst shows ever. If it makes it to 5 episodes, I will be shocked.