I H A T E Tivo+ plus

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by laurelp52, Sep 10, 2020.

1. laurelp52

laurelp52 New Member

Mar 4, 2010

Advertisements

When I try to play a recording on Roamio OTA ; Tivo+ starts playing instead. Everytime. I found that using the fast forward record button exits the Tivo+ goes to the recording I had chosen to play. It feels as though Tivo+ is being shoved down my throat, because I can't just play a recording anymore without having to use the fast forward record button to get out of TIVO Plus that intercepts my recording.
    I did not sign up for it, it can't be removed from menu or the guide. I hate it, would like to opt out. I have no options to roll back system. When I reset the Roamio OTA dvr and lost all of my recordings just to get rid of Tivo+, everything came back as before, Tivo+ coming on when trying to watch a recording.

Noelmel likes this.
  2. Noelmel

Noelmel Active Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Cincinnati, OH
    Are you sure it’s not a pre- roll ad playing ? That’s easy to opt out of. I’ve never heard of tivo plus channel playing unless you select it from the guide to play. That’s weird!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blacknoi likes this.
  3. JKR123

JKR123 Active Member

Feb 10, 2019
    Coincidentally I just posted a similar post under a pre-roll ad thread. I recently began getting the TiVo+ ads on my Roamio Pro before recordings too. I assumed they were related to pre-roll ads so I called to request that they be removed again (for the umpteenth time). We should not have to keep calling back to opt out of these pre-roll ads. I also wish they would make the TiVo+ guide entries optional, but if they did, they would probably keep coming back too. I wonder why they are shoving TiVo+ down our throats. I don’t use it because it caused me an issue the first time I tried. I’m curious, does anyone know - are they are making revenue off of us using TiVo+?

Noelmel likes this.
  4. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    You could roll back to TE3 to get rid of TIVO+, but you will lose all of your recordings.

PSU_Sudzi likes this.