I guess I'll be comparing Tivo HD & the DCH3416 M-Card-enabled HD DVR

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by linkgirl, Aug 2, 2007.

1. linkgirl

linkgirl New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Unexpectedly, I now have both a brand new TivoHD and a brand new DCH3416.

I turned in one of my 2 TWC DCT6412 DVR's today but the tech ended up replacing the 6412 I was planning to keep with a 3416.

Unfortunately, this same tech didn't stick around to see if the Tivo cablecard install was successful and it appears the 2nd card isn't working at all and the 1st one is only picking up a few channels. I guess I'll be reading the forum to see if the issue on the first card is something that might be fixable without another truck roll.

In the meantime, I have to admit, the HD picture on the 3416 is gorgeous... hopefully the Tivo will be similar when I get it going because the TWC interface still hasn't improved.

2. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    With the first CableCARD only picking up a few channels, it sounds like it isn't paired correctly. I had that on my original S3 when Charter botched the pairing - some channels worked, some did not.

3. ah30k

ah30k Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    In addition to the pairing which can only be done by certain operators, you can ask the regular operators is if the CableCARD device (each of them) is authorized for the Digital Tier. They have to enable the digital channels for each device.

4. linkgirl

linkgirl New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Thanks for the tips - that's helpful. TWC can't get back out here til next week so I think I'll give it another shot with the call center staff and see if they can fix it. Nothing to lose I suppose

5. jrrpd34

jrrpd34 New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Let us know how they both compare in both looks and functions when you get the chance!!