I forgot to tell y'all that I'm on "Murder" on Spike

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Ntombi, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Ntombi

Ntombi New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Bostonian...
    Spike has a show called "Murder," where ordinary people try to solve murders, and I'm one of the victims. It's on now, but it'll repeat. The episode name is "Shot and Stashed."

You'll see my picture throughout the episode, and a dummy that looks like my murdered body. :D

2. Bettamojo5

Bettamojo5 Rolling Along

Apr 12, 2004
    New...
    Congrats,
    I'll set up a recording and look for you. Where was it filmed and how did you find out about it?

3. Ntombi

Ntombi New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Bostonian...
    I just did a photo shoot. Every once in a while I do some extra work, so they called me and asked me to take some pictures to be a murder victim.

4. HiddenSky

HiddenSky Let's Go Flyers!

Dec 13, 2004
    Suburban...
    I just finished watching that episode. That had to be an interesting experience.

5. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    You just kind of layed there!

6. splendid

splendid All day everyday :)

Sep 1, 2005
    Wantage...
    Well, she had to look convincing. :D

7. Warren

Warren Wild Hair

Oct 18, 2001
    I watched on of these show at work one day. made me mad cause the way network tv works. they blurred out the "bodies" breast, etc but they would show a close up of the "head wound" from a shot gun.

I hate that murder is ok on TV but sex isn't!!!

I will never watch is again.

8. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    FYP ;)

Congrats, Ntombi! I'll have to look for the episode on a re-run.
    Hope your friends all know that it was fictional.

9. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    I just got hooked on this show, I love it. How cool that you're on it. Are you the woman who they thought was shot in the van?

10. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...

I had a friend who was an extra for America's Most Wanted. She did a scene re-creation for them and then people started calling in saying they knew the assailant. :D

Ntombi, you said they used a dummy for the corpse. In one of the previous episodes they made it sound like they used real dead bodies! :eek:

11. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    I can't find this in the data guide anymore. :(

12. Ntombi

Ntombi New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Bostonian...
    I just checked, and there are no more upcoming episodes. Dunno why, but they were running reruns for a bit there.

All of the "bodies" were dummies, made from pics. They made it seem more hardcore than it was. That's Spike for ya. ;)

And, yes, I was the woman you're speaking of. They were supposed to age my pic, because I look 20+ years younger than the victim's age, but instead, they only showed my pic once, really fast :D, and the relied on the dummy. Much different than a lot of the other episodes. I was cracking up, but, really, how hard is it to Photoshop some wrinkles?

13. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    I found another show that I like. It's a bit like this one. The First 48 on A&E.

14. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    And another one I found, Snapped on Oxygen.