I can Download to iPad but not to Android phone or tablet?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by marinrain, Feb 16, 2015.

1. marinrain

marinrain New Member

Oct 30, 2001
    Corte...
    Am I missing something - I can download a show to my ipad but don't see that option on my Android app ?? thanks

2. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    And you can watch via LTE and IOS apps cannot...

Some options are different based on the different system. TiVo has announced that a completely redesigned Android app is coming out this spring so the feature may be available at that time.

3. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I vaguely recall reading that Android did not allow downloading when it was rolled out, as the i-devices did. I also vaguely recall reading that the upcoming Android update (maybe to coincide with 20.4.6?) WILL allow downloading finally.

This is all being recalled from an old overstuffed brain, so YMMV.

PS: 11 posts in 14 years!

4. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    At that rate, OP will reply in the year 2029. :D

The current Android app cannot download. This should be fixed soon.

5. bluraven

bluraven New Member

Dec 24, 2005
    I'm eagerly awaiting the android update, since the current version does not support my new nexus 6 phone :( hope it gets updated soon. And I have just as many posts in so many years. Does that make my comments less valuable or less appreciated? I'm a Tivo fan and customer of many years, just like many of you ;). Just more of a lurker than a poster.

6. passname22

passname22 New Member

Feb 17, 2015
    that's the main reason I haven't downloaded the app yet. I heard that even IOS users are having problems because content is protected. I just want to watch shows on my android phone/tablet. I don't mind waiting but I hope it's coming soon.

7. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    I think it is case by case - the downloads and streaming a are more stable then they have ever been for me. I think others experience is different.

Not sure why

8. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Not in the least, and I hope my comment didn't come out sounding like that. It was meant as a "wow" not as anything else.