I am thinking about buying a lifetimed S3 to replace an S2...can my parents use the..

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by chrishicks, Aug 31, 2007.

1. chrishicks

chrishicks Tivo Junkie

Dec 30, 2003
    MI
    I currently have a lifetimed single tuner S2. I want to buy another lifetimed S3(I already have 1). I don't have anywhere else to use the S2(the S3 would be its replacement) and I don't want to sell it in case I do need it one day. I want to let my parents use it. they live in the same city as me(just around the corner actually). is there a way i can let them use it without actually transferring it over to them? they don't have any type of network so it would have to dial out in case this matters. I currently use it with the Tivo wireless adapter here. what are my options here, if any?

2. cr33p

cr33p New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Ann Arbor MI
    Keep it in your name and install it over at your folks house, it shouldnt have any problems being in a different household and downloading updates. I have had an older box at my sister in laws across town since last xmas with no problems.

3. pdhenry

pdhenry Recumbent

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    Where are you planning to get a lifetimed S3 from?

You can transfer the S2 to them and then transfer it back to you later...

4. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    Transferring the subscription back and forth would also require a 1,2 or 3 year commitment each time.

5. pdhenry

pdhenry Recumbent

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    The OP says the S2 is lifetimed - I don't think there's any "commitment" on a lifetime transfer - what's to commit?

6. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    oops
    nevermind