I’m one of the first lifetime member. Would they still have me in the system?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Ricograzz, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Ricograzz

Ricograzz New Member

Jan 7, 2020
    I think I was one of the first people to own a TiVo. I saw it on a infomercial That came on after repeat of( Star Trek next generation) I wasn’t paying attention till I Heard them say 3 payments of I can’t remember how much but it was high for a infomercial so I said to myself what could they be selling for that price? I was blown away I got it and told everyone I knew this was the future and I was right then a few years later DVR stole the tec but my friends remembered my TIVO lol
    ANYWAY I DID purchase a lifetime subscription I clearly remember asking if it was for the device and the guy said as long as we are in Business you will have it. I remember because it was very expensive it was 199 or 299 what are the odds that they sill have me in there system?
    I want to buy a new TiVo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    They may have you in the system, if you can login with an Email, and give your info. You would perhaps still be on a Series 1, which no longer is compatible with the Tivo system.

3. bkc56

bkc56 Designated Grunt

Apr 29, 2001
    Santa Rosa,...
    That would have been a lifetime sub on a series 1. When the series 1 units were obsoleted a while back, I believe any lifetime subs not active and migrated to a new bolt were lost. I'm not sure you'd be able to get Tivo to resurrect it now and apply it to a new unit.

My first Tivo with lifetime was won in a contest they did in the early days (write a paragraph about how a Tivo would improve your life). That was 9/28/2000. I kept that unit until it was obsolete, and transferred the sub to a new bolt. That lifetime sub will be 20 years old this September. My other lifetime will be 18 years old this year.

Ricograzz and Mikeguy like this.
  4. MScottC

MScottC Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2004
    My original lifetime purchased in November of 1999 was transferred once, to a new Roamio about 6 years ago. I'm still running on that $200 lifetime subscription. But it has been a continuous run.

5. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    TiVo lifetime subscriptions have always been for the life of the device but their original terms did not state that clearly so they allowed anyone who purchased lifetime for an original S1 on or before January 21, 1999 to do a one-time grandfathered transfer to a new TiVo. You might still be eligible for this if you never took advantage of the transfer and can validate your original TiVo and account.

Scott

dlfl and Mikeguy like this.