Hydra on Suddenlink Tivo??

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jjd_87, Sep 4, 2019.

1. jjd_87

jjd_87 Member

Jan 31, 2011
    WV

Advertisements

So we recently switched back to Suddenlink from Directv and decided to just use their Tivo's instead of buying my own like I had in the past. Suddenlink's site shows a Tivo running the Hydra UI on this page. (https://www.suddenlink.com/television) The Pace Tivo & Mini they installed have the older UI. Is there a way to force the upgrade like on the retail Tivos? Or is the Hydra UI even available on the Cable Company Pace boxes?

2. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    You may need to ask them for a voice remote. For about 2 months before my local rolled out hydra fully the only way to get it was to ask for a voice remote. But hardware wise there is no limitation with what they offer. To be honest though. Since the we’re bought by Altice. I would imagine soon here they will only offer the Altice one

3. jjd_87

jjd_87 Member

Jan 31, 2011
    WV
    They acted like the only way they could do multi room was with Tivo. Maybe they just aren't ready to roll out Altice one in my area yet.

4. pshivers

pshivers Retired

Nov 4, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Altice One is designed to do multi-room, very similar in concept to Tivo and Tivo Mini's.

Unfortunately the Alice One is very buggy still, even in their 3rd major software release.

I went with a legacy system with a standard Modem from Suddenlink and a couple of cable cards for my two Romeos and 3 Mini's.

Took awhile to get a Tech that understood how to configure the cable cards to my Tivos, There is a lot of misinformation floating around Suddenlink Tech Staff.

Once I got past that my setup works great! With all that I've read about ongoing Altice One problems, I'm glad I went "Old School", at least for now...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. Cwxman

Cwxman New Member

Apr 17, 2020

Advertisements

I just switched back to Tivo from the Altice One. It had way to many glitches and they couldn’t ever get the phone to work. The Altice Minis kept going out completely and other times the volume would just go out and I would have to keep resetting the boxes. They replaced the main box again and still same issues. The remote control functions are horrible, especially the fast forwarding and rewind functions. They came back and re installed the Tivo setup I had before. I was told this was an MG1 and that I would have 5 tuners now instead of 4 as I did with the previous Tivo. I was disappointed that it didn’t have the newer style remote with the voice control and skip functions. Does anyone know if they actually have an upgrade available that they could have given me.