Hydra bug generating illegitimate C11 claim

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Matthizzle, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Matthizzle

Matthizzle New Member

Nov 7, 2017

Advertisements

My Bolt bombs out any attempted TiVo Service Connection (due to error C11). In Network Troubleshooting, my Bolt reports failure on TCP Port Test (port 37), but all 3 of my Minis report "Succeeded" with the same TCP Port Test (so it's not my network; it's a TiVo bug).

To be extra cautions, I opened up a whole range of ports (37, 80, 123, etc. per uploaded .JPG) and even had a Verizon FiOS tech support verify my work, but that doesn't resolve the C11 bug in Hydra.

Without a Service Connection for the past few weeks, guide data and scheduling are worthless.
    * My OnePasses all stopped working as of last night.
    * As of 7 PM tonight, "Title Not Available" is all that the Guide shows (on Bolt or 3 Minis).

I'm one of over 100 affected by this bug (according to case #07388953, opened last week).

This never happened prior to Hydra. I'd revert back to v3 in a heartbeat if it wouldn't erase my recordings.

Here's the only workaround I can imagine on my own:
    * Buy a 2nd Bolt temporarily,
    * Transfer all content from original to temporary Bolt,
    * Revert original Bolt from v4 back to v3,
    * Transfer all content back from temporary to original Bolt,
    * Return the 2nd Bolt.

Would that work? Any other advice?

Attached Files:

2. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    I had something similar happen to my Bolt (still using the old HDUI). I was using wired Ethernet for my network connection and TiVo Service Connections just stopped working. Everything else still worked Streaming from another TiVo, streaming from Amazon, Vudu & YouTube, could even stream to a computer via TiVo online. I had also come to the end of guide data & could not find the problem, just decided to switch from Ethernet to WiFi for my network connection a for some unknown reason I was then able to complete TiVo Service Connections, still can not with Ethernet so I am now using WiFi.

Matthizzle likes this.
  3. Matthizzle

Matthizzle New Member

Nov 7, 2017
    Thanks atmuscarella -- I tried switching from MoCA to WiFi, but no change in Bolt performance at that point. Same errors. I also tried tethering via my phone, but that reported "Router Not Found."

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    That should work. The transfer rate will be limited by the power of your router. Use CAT-5e or 6. TiVo online may make the transfers easier. I would transfer one program to get a benchmark on speed. Network Troubleshooting -> Transfer History. A Bolt with its Gb ports should take under 5 minutes for each hour of HD. Do the math.

A cable card isn't needed for the second Bolt.

5. alexb

alexb Active Member

Jan 4, 2003
    Kirkland, WA

Advertisements

Try hard power off (pull the plug) this fixed the issue for me every time after reboot.

6. Matthizzle

Matthizzle New Member

Nov 7, 2017
    Thanks alexb for the suggestion, but that unplug/replug cold boot hasn't helped. I've also tried switching from MoCO to Ethernet or WiFi, and all still no progress making a TiVo Service Connection.

7. Matthizzle

Matthizzle New Member

Nov 7, 2017
    Unfortunately, it didn't work. In order for the old Bolt to transfer to the new Bolt, the old one needs to successfully complete a TiVo Service Connection (to learn that the new Bolt is in fact a valid destination), but that bug/inability/barrier is what kicked off this thread.

At least the exercise confirmed that this is a Hydra bug -- despite the old Bolt complaining about network ports, the new Bolt was able to fully execute a TiVo service connection (under Hydra and as a downgraded v3).

Off to BestBuy to return the new Bolt...

8. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Sorry. I just used TiVo Online to transfer a program from my Hydra Roamio to a non-Hydra Roamio without problems. But duplication of your situation would take more work. I plan on removing G4 from that Roamio tomorrow. I guess I don't like it so much.