Hydra bolt and te3 mini can work

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by schatham, Aug 3, 2019.

1. schatham

schatham Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2007

Advertisements

I just set up a new Bolt (Hydra) and my mini worked (using TE3) for about 5 minutes. Changed channels and they all worked, menu worked. But of course after 5 minutes it went to the must upgrade message.

But the fact it worked for a while is proof that it can work if Tivo wanted to let it.

I think I'll go downgrade the Bolt now.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    kpeters59 likes this.
  2. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Sounds good. Thanks for telling all of us in a new thread. I can sleep tonight

3. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    and this is news?
    It doesn't matter anyway since a mini is required to up or downgrade itself so that it's OS matches the host DVR.

compuguy and compnurd like this.
  4. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Changing channels is not a full test.

5. schatham

Mar 17, 2007

Advertisements

This is not a news thread.
    ("For general discussion about almost anything TiVo. Come on in, pull up a chair and let's talk about any TiVo related matters and Tivo news not covered in other forums.")

I never said it was a full test or a test at all, I just thought it was interesting take it or leave it.

"

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    mschnebly likes this.
  6. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Technically there's nothing saying that this forum isn't for smart ***** either :)
    It just strikes me as a "water is wet" thread, you noticed an odd behavior in a series of events that's transitory and not sustained since the mini will force itself to match the host, it's like the "unplug the NIC before canceling service and you get a few more days of recording"

7. schatham

Mar 17, 2007
    The first line about smart asses was not supposed to be their. I started to quote another thread with that the other day and thought beter of it and did not post it. But apparently it saves it and I did not notice. So to that I apologies, it was not meant for your quote.

8. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    This has been posted in about a dozen other threads